2.3

2.3

A smile stretches across my lips as my heart calms down upon hearing his voice.

"Oh, how i've been counting the hours to talk to you again." I express dramaticly, speaking in a breathy tone. This earns a chortle from him. "How was tutoring? Did the kid learn anything?"

"Surprisingly, yes. He remembers that the fourth of July is the day we celebrate our independence."

"Well that's good right?" Rolling over onto my stomach I prop my hand against my chin, my teeth digging into my lower lip.

"I'm his Chemistry tutor Charlie." He sighs frustratingly. I can picture him massaging the bridge of his nose. "You remember mol island right?"

"Vaguely, yes."

"So you know how to convert from grams to mols to molecules and atoms, correct?"

"Only when I have the equations and stuff drawn in front of me."

"At least you can do that. The poor kid gets lost converting grams to mols. I don't know if I can tutor him anymore." Once again he sighs.

"Hey, that doesn't sound like the Calvin I know. What happened to, the light at the end of the tunnel gets closer with every step you take? Huh?"

"There is no light Charlotte. The light is gone."

"I don't think so. This is only your second time tutoring this kid. You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs." I remind him, pulling a pillow beneath me to keep me elevated. The pillow just so happened to be the one Taylor lays on whenever he's over, his scent heavily lingering throughout it. "You can't bake a cake without preheating the oven."

"What?" He laughs.

"I was trying to continue with the food thing ok, cut me some slack." My lips form a soft pout which quickly goes away as I think of something clever. "You can't figure out how many mols is inside of 143 grams without dividing it by 6.022 time 10 to the 23."

There was a bit of silence. "4.211 times 10 to the 21 mols."

"Nerd." I snort, rolling my eyes. I hadn't wanted him to actually solve how many mols there were inside of 143 grams. It was just a stupid little thing i had come up with.

"Hey, you set yourself up for that one."

"Don't you have some homework to work on?" I arch my brow as my phone buzzes in my hand. Curious as to what the notification is, I pull my phone from my ear and quickly press the speaker icon.

"...easel to paint?"

"I'll have you know I don't have an easel to paint because somebody wont give me a discount on your overly priced canvases, which you paint on. Not the easels." I pull down my screen and notice that it's a text from Taylor-tot.

Doing my best to contain the smile that threatens to take over my face I click on the notification.

"Our canvases are not overly priced, you're just overly cheap! Plus wanting me to give you a free canvas isn't a discount I can offer you." Calvin counters.

"It's the best discount! The girlfriend-is-an-ammeter-artist-and-i'm-a-supportive-boyfriend discount." I have to read the text multiple times as I was speaking.

• After your dinner with prince charming's parents wanna come hang out in my canoe with me? •

It was only after I stopped talking did I properly read the text message, missing what Calvin had said afterwards.