6.0

6.0

I lean against the molding of Cassidy's door. She pushes down on her suitcase, having shoved a weeks worth of clothes, multiple pairs of shoes, and a few 'essentials' into the medium sized luggage. Her dress lays in the garment bag next to it, her boxed heels lying on top of it.

After a few attempts she pushes on it with her knees, pulling the zipper around. Thats when i spy her curling wand on the other side.

"You forgot something." I cross over the threshold and into her room. She watches me as I walk over to her bed and pick up her curling wand.

"I'm not bringing it." She huffs, shuffling off her luggage and takes it from me. The suitcase strains a bit in the middle.

"Really? I thought you were going curly for prom." I settle down on her bed. She flops down next to me.

"Austins foster sister has a wand. I'm sure i can convince her to let me borrow hers." She flicks her hair over her shoulder. I smile at her, laying down in her bed.

"When is Austin getting here?" I loll my head over to look at her.

"Better question is when did I get here." A familiar voice states. Cassidy squeals, jumping up from her bed. Her feet thud shortly against the floor as she runs over to him.

When i sit up they're in a heartwarming embrace. Their bodies pulled close and tight, his face buried in her hair. When he stands to his full height she refuses to let go, wounding her legs around his waist.

I can just barely him him whisper, "I missed you so much."

Cassidy sobs softly, nestling her face into the side of his neck.

I can't help the smile that forms on my face. Their love radiating off of their bodies.

"I'll give you to the room if you can just let me through." Standing up from my spot on the bed I tug down on my shirt. Austin seems to burst from their bubble, smiling at me.

"I would give you a hug but I dont think Cassidy is going to let me go any time soon." He chuckles, trying to unwound his arms from around her. She groans in protest, holding on to him tighter with her limbs.

"That's okay. I wouldn't let Taylor go either if I hadn't seen him for five months." I laugh, stuffing my hands in my back pocket. Austins eyes widen at my statement.

"Are you guys a thing now?" He questions and I nod my head, my smile widening at the thought. "Again I would hug you in congratulations but.." He peers over at Cassidy who is still clinging to him like a koala.

"Your words are fine." I chortle and he just smiles.

"Well congrats. I'm surprised none of you mentioned it to me. I may live three hours away but i still have a phone." I can hear the strain in his voice. Rolling my eyes I walk over and tap Cassidy on her shoulder.

"Hey, you're going to crush the boy if you don't get off him. You're only as light as a feather for so long." I try to pull her off when she doesn't move. She just swats me away, holding tighter.

I motion towards the bed and he nods his head, finding his best bet there. I watch him carry her over to her bed, having to round it to find a place to set her down.

"Good luck." I laugh as he lays her down and she still doesn't let go when he goes to stand up again.

I leave them be, heading to my room to stuff my feet into my shoes and grab my keys. For safe measures i bring an umbrella.

• — • — •

I'm admiring my first ever set of fake nails when my phone buzzes against my night stand, notifying me I had gotten a text message.