2.6

2.6

Sneaking back into my house failed big time. I had miscalculated the time, not knowing we had switched back an hour, and figured that by the time we arrived my dad would've already left for work. The closer we got to my house the lazier I became and the easier it was for me to tell Taylor to pull up in front of my house instead of some random neighbors a block away.

This was a bad idea because as soon as he parked outside of my house my dad exited in his uniform, thermostat full of coffee in his hand. I try to sink lower in my seat, despite the windows being tinted, but my dad being the suspicious guy that he is was quick to pull his gun from his holster, pointing it directly at us.

With slight hesitation I open the car door, sliding out of it at a even slower pace. Upon seeing me his harden features softens and he lowers his gun, preparing to tuck it away.

"What the hell Charlotte?! I thought you were still sleeping in your room." A disappointing frown takes over his face and I try to push down the bile slithering up my throat. While the sausages had eased my headache a bit, but the food didn't settle well in my stomach. "Have you been out all night?"

Guiltily I nod my head, avoiding his gaze.

"Who's car is this?" Tucking his gun away he points to the car with his finger. My stomach tightens as I look back at him. I can see in his face that he already know who's it is and he was hoping that it wasn't his.

"Taylor's." I whisper, proving him right. The frown deepens into a scowl.

"You've been with him all night?" The disappointment in his voice brings tears in my eyes. I can only imagine the horrible things he was probably thinking right now.

"Yes, but it's not what you think." I take a step towards him, his body stiffens. The look in his eyes was disheartening. At this particular moment I'm a stranger to him. No longer am I the daughter who only went to school, attempted to get good grades, and stayed up in her room reading books all day. I'm a delinquent, sneaking out the house doing god knows what with god knows who.

"I told you to stay away from him Charlotte." His voice is flat, face void of any emotion.

"I know but, he's not a bad guy dad I swear." I try blinking away the tears that were threatening to fall down my face.

"Not a bad guy?!" His voice raises as he snaps at me, a furious fire raging behind his eyes. A part of me shrinks away inside, he never snapped at me.

That was before you disobeyed his wishes.

"He practically kidnapped you Charlotte. What if something happened to you?! I wouldn't have known because I was naive, thinking you were innocently sleeping in your room."

"I know and i'm sorry for making you worry but i'm safe. See?" I make the mistake of using my hands to pat myself down to prove that nothing had happened to me during the night. His eyes quickly snap towards the bandage wrapped around my wrist.

"Wh-what's that?" His words tremble from his lips as he slowly lifts his gaze to meet mine.

"It's not what you think." I quickly pull my hand behind my back. My stomach was now burbling and twisting itself violently, I could blow chunks any minute.

"What. The hell. Is it?" My father slowly takes steps towards me, I don't miss the way he protectively holds his hand over his gun.

I bite down on my lip, not wanting to disappoint him any further. He had strict views on tattoos, or any type of body altercation, before securing a steady job. If he knew that I had somehow acquired a tattoo under the age of eighteen without his consent he would blow a fuse.