2.9

2.9

I turn my attention to Brooke, who was currently making kissy faces in the mirror at her reflection. The purple lipstick that she had put on only seconds before compliments her fair skin.

"How's Wednesday at...let's say 5:15 p.m.?" The women, Jessica, on the other end questions as I watch my friend push up her hair to make it appear fuller.

"That works." I nod my head, turning back to my own reflection. I don't look as stunning as Brooklyn. I haven't perfected the art of creating the perfect cat eye with my eyeliner as she has. Nor do I know how to blend the right colors of eyes shadow together to make my blue eyes pop. Contouring is never something I fully understand and I don't know where to even place the highlighter. I'm just lucky I know how to swipe on lip gloss and if I really tried I can put on concealer without it looking like I had caked on a bunch of makeup.

"Great!" Jessica chirps as I'm staring as the big fluffy blush brush in my hands. Brooklyn had given me a quick tutorial on how to use it but I became lost at flicking the excess blush off the brush before dusting it on my cheeks. I didn't know exactly how to apply it the correct way.

It's a miracle that i've managed to score a boyfriend on just a few swipes of mascara and chap stick alone.

"We'll see you Wednesday Ms. Brown." Jessica bids goodbye and as I remove my phone from my ear I let out the breath that I had been holding throughout that whole conversation.

"Let me see." Brooke sighs, appearing next to me in the mirror as she skillfully plucks the brush from my fingers. "This is the last time that I'm going to do your makeup for you." She huffs, shoving me down into the vanity chair while also tilting my head up. "Next time you can walk out looking like a drag queen for all I care." She rummages around on the desk before picking up a wipe to remove all the hard work I had just did. "You can't even put on foundation correctly."

"I thought I did a decent job." I pout, closing my eyes as she cleans off my face.

"No honey, you didn't."

• ─ • ─ •

I'm regretting ever telling Brooke that I would be designated driver for tonight, seeming she was for the last two parties we attended. While I have my licenses I barely got the chance to use it seeming I was home schooled for two years. Here in Journey I walk basically everywhere or Taylor comes to pick me up. I haven't been behind a wheel since I passed my drivers test to get my license and it shows as I follow pthe directions to Johannes's house.

"I see why i've been DD." Brooke pretends to hold back a barf as I park the car across the street from Johannes's house, not surprised to see not many people here. His parties are usually exclusively invite only and we just so happened to get an invite having been at a party he was at and displayed how 'cool' we were.

"My driving isn't that bad. I passed my drivers test with flying colors." I grumble, taking the keys from the ignition and lean over to put them in the glove compartment seeming neither of us had a purse.

"How long ago was that?" She arches her brow at me.

"Shut up." I slam the glove compartment shut and lean back into the drivers seat, pulling down the over head mirror. My eyes were the first thing I noticed about my reflection. The blue popped against the dark liner and even darker smokey eye.

The second thing being my hair. It was back to it's natural state of being a mix of wavy and curly. My lips were the last thing I noticed because they were stained a simple apple red color. Nothing special there, besides the beauty mark just above my lips that made Brooke openly express how she wanted to snog my face off because of it.