1.5

1.5

"Absolutely not." I had to start this entry with dialogue, I was apparently lacking the required amount. "I don't even know this boy."

"Dad you know Calvin." This wasn't a lie. Everyone in town knew Calvin. He was the star of the soccer team, plus he had a tremendous amount of community service hours logged down at the youth center. Even people in Riptide knew who Calvin was, he was literally the poster boy for some tanning spray which is ironic because Calvin doesn't use spray tan.

"I know of Calvin, sweetheart." He swiftly maneuvers past a deputy, causing me knock right into him and mutter a soft sorry before scurrying after him again. "There's a difference between knowing him and knowing of him." He was more interested in a case file than he was me.

"But you also know that there's nothin wrong with him and he's trustworthy enough to take your daughter out camping, who is seventeen by the way." I pointed out, lifting a finger as I stood my ground behind him.

I watched as his shoulders sagged before he turned around. His eyebrows were pinched together and soon he was massaging the creases in the bridge of his nose with his thumb and pointer finger.

"Look as much as I would love to stay and discuss this with you I can't. I have a very important case to follow up on and I don't have time right now." Setting the file down he looked me dead in the eye, placing his hands on my shoulder. "When I get home, and if you're up, we can talk about it then. For now can you stick a pin in it?" His bushy eyebrow quirked upwards at me. With a heavy sigh I nodded my head. "See you at home." Leaning forward he placed a kiss on my forehead before sending me off on m merry way.

It wasn't a surprise to see Taylor sitting outside of the station when I managed to find my way out again. I had met up with him earlier and asked him to drop me off, giving him permission to leave afterwards for multiple reasons.

"What are you still doing here? I told you to leave." I quickly made my way over to him and he gave me a sly smirk.

"I couldn't leave you here without a way back home, princess. Plus I think we're long over due for a luncheon." He gracefully licked his lips, reminding of how a dog licked its nose, while shoving his helmet into my stomach.

"We are?" I arched my brow, sitting the helmet on my head. Taylor nods his head, starting his bike causing it to roar loudly to life. He watched closely as my fingers fumbled a bit with the clasps before offering his hand to me.

I dismissed it with a wave. "I can do this myself." After patting my head I attempted to gracefully swing my leg over the bike like i've seen him do many times before. My distance from said bike was sadly miscalculated thus causing me to hop on one leg closer to fully rest on the bike.

Once I was on I fastened my arms around his midsection. The odd feeling in my stomach didn't go unnoticed as he pulled out of the parking lot of the station.

• — • — •

We were on top of a water tower. I don't know how long it took to get here but it seemed relatively short. After a quick stop to a deli shop we were off again. When he assured me that we wouldn't get in trouble he instructed I climb the later first.

I now know that it was an excuse to look at my butt in my jeans.

When we made it to the top landing I refused to stand, which lead us to dangling our feet over the edge. We ate our sandwiches in silence, occasionally taking sips from the drinks we bought from the deli as well. I stared out to the horizon as the sun started to dip behind it, displaying my favorite color.