5.4

5.4

"Whats taking them so long?" I grumble under my breath, massaging my hands. An hour and a half into being in the house and I was just now starting to regain warmth in my hands.

"A video store isn't exactly close to this cabin Charlotte." Jasmine replies in a monotone like voice, filing down her nails.

"Yes but they left thirty minutes after we got into the house. Shouldn't they be back by now?" I peek through the curtains again, only to become disappointed when my car wasn't in the drive.

"Relax Charlotte." Alec comes and throws his arm around me in attempt to comfort me. "Taylor isn't going to find a hotter chick and bring her home."

I send him a deathly glare. "I'm not worried about that."

No. I wasn't worried about him finding someone hotter. He's showed no interest in anyone else besides me since we've reconnected. I was more worried that i'd loose the courage to tell him that I was ready.

Today out on the battlefield, when I saw him standing there I was drawn to him in more ways than one. When he turned around and I wasn't disgusted at the fact he had yet another cigarette between his lips, I knew I had just unknowingly accepted his most unhealthy flaw. I was no longer afraid of him, instead I felt safe. Even when he shoved the snowball in my face I wasn't angry with him.

This morning when he had unintentionally scared me, I still knew that I wasn't in any real danger. A bubble had fell around us. We were no longer in the kitchen of a cabin filled with four other people. It was just me, and him and I was content with that.

I want more of these mornings. Waking up next to him, dreading the feeling of leaving his arms.

While this may never last forever it sure as hell didn't hurt to try it out at least. I was indeed holding out on him whether he admits it to my face or not. Delaying the inevitable is no longer an option.

"Then why are you so anxious to have him come home?" Alec questions curiously, arching his brow slowly. "Are you planning to put out or somethi—ow!!" Rubbing his chest Alec sends me a glare as I shrug his arm from around my shoulder.

"You should really learn to watch that filthy mouth of yours boy." I snarl, standing up from the couch.

"Chill grandma I was only joking. No need to extend the claws." I step over his legs, ignoring his words. Making my way to the hallway I stuff my feet into boots and pluck my coat off the nearby hook.

"Where are you going?" Jasmine inquiries as I'm stuffing my arms through the sleeves.

"Outside."

• — • — •

"What are you doing?" Taylor chuckles as he shuts the car door. The corners of my lips involuntarily lift at the melodious sound.

Bunching my shoulders I curl my fingers into my pockets. "Waiting for you guys I guess."

"Uh-huh." Taylor clucks the tongue against the side of his cheek. "Care to help me out?" He jerks his head towards the direction of the car and i'm quick to stand from my spot on the cushioned bench and bound down the stairs.

Using the keys to pop the trunk of my car, i come round just in time to lift it myself. My eyes land on the bags and cases of beer.

"Are we throwing a frat party?" I laugh, reaching inside for a bag full of glass bottles.

"Brooke thinks all the hostility going around is because we're all too sober." Taylor answers, pulling a case of beer from the trunk with ease. "Hence why she begged Oliver to come with."