>> chapter 13

It was finally time. I was going to start my internship and hopefully get over this entire Grant ordeal. I avoided his attempt to go out for drinks last night knowing well that it wouldn't be good for me. I needed to keep a clear mind for my first day at the internship.

I was waiting outside Lola's apartment, she still refused to invest in a car. A smart choice by her seeing as my Honda was on the verge of imploding. I had put so much money into this car part of me wishes I would've waited till now to purchase a brand new one.

I spent my last free day of the weekend shopping for some more professional clothes. I decided on a gray pencil skirt that I had bought at one of the local boutiques and a white blouse I had already owned. I predicted I wouldn't need to dress up as often seeing as I was off screen but I couldn't be sure. My hair was pulled back into a neat ponytail and my bangs hung freely.

Only five minutes after pulling up Lola came stepping out of the apartment in a tight navy dress with matching heels. She had a white cardigan over her shoulders probably to try and make the sexy dress more business appropriate. Her hair was loose around her shoulders except her pinned up bangs.

When she climbed into the car I grinned at her saying, "Alright here we go."

She returned my expression with just as much enthusiasm. "I'm so ready!" She gushed and I could tell she couldn't wait to meet the anchors and hosts she'd be working under.

We spent most of the drive in silence both too exited to really speak. The station was right across from city hall just as we were told over the phone when we accepted the internship. I parked the car in the underground parking lot and locked the doors as Lola and I began heading in towards the elevators.

I begin shuffling through my clutch to make sure I have everything and realize I've misplaced my phone. "Oh geez Lola I'll have to catch up. I must've left my phone in the car!" I tell her before turning and heading back quickly, I don't even wait to hear her response.

As soon as I look up from my clutch I see a man dressed in a dark blue polo, dark slacks, and boat shoes. His clothes all fit relatively snug on his well toned body, his arms catching my attention first. I quickly raise my eyes to see his perfect face, freshly shaven I'd assume. He has brown hair that looks unkempt but it suits him. His eyes are looking down at his watch but when they flicker up to meet mine I can see they are a hazy gray.

His lip pulls up into a smirk and I can see that he has a perfect set of pearly white teeth as he says, "Good morning."

I become tongue tied all of a sudden and stop as my mouth falls open and I close it. I blink a few times and my hands grip even tighter around my still open clutch.

He shrugs as he passes me and I'm sure my face is covered in a blush. Smooth Harp. I think as I run my palm down my face.

"Oh you're tag!" I hear his voice from behind me and I turn with a raised eyebrow. He gestures to his behind and I reach for my own, feeling the small tag from when I purchased the skirt. I feel my face flush even more and whip back around as I yank the small nuisance free from my backside.

   Thoroughly embarrassed I retrieve my phone from my car and head back towards the elevators. Just as one is about to close I see a hand shoot out to stop it and I look to see the same handsome gentleman from before. Can I get a break? I think with a slight eye roll.

   "Ouch I was just being nice," he says with a chuckle. He clearly thought my eye roll was aimed at him.

   I shake my head as I step on the elevator. "Oh no just...thinking," I say trying my best to sound confident but failing.