↳ CHAPTER TWO

         OLYMPIA COULDN'T QUITE believe how her life had flipped upside down with the arrival of one person — and she was yet to get to the juicy parts — but there was no denying that she was feeling almost relieved about having something to do. When it came to Jane, Erik and even Darcy, all three of them had a mutual passion and they excelled it in, whereas Olympia had always been the odd one out.

        Sometimes, it felt like being a burden to them — she wasn't sure where she was from, who her biological family was or what had happened to her, but she had stumbled into their usual diner with no memory of how she had ended up there or why, and they had taken her in. Maybe it was out of a courtesy that had turned into an extended stay and now it was too late to kick her out; maybe they really did see her as part of the dysfunctional family, but either way, Olympia had struggled to fit in. She had already demanded so much of them, complaining about their interest in physics didn't really seem fair, so most of the time, she kept her snappy retorts to a minimum.

        Now, though, as they sat in the very same diner that the blonde had wandered into once upon a time, and she eyed Thor who devoured yet another plateful of Pop-Tarts, she felt good. It felt right. Whoever this man was, she wanted to help him get home and solve whatever problem he seemed to be carrying on his shoulders — otherwise, he probably wouldn't have stuck with them for so long. This could be her thing, and the thought of that made her smile as she trailed a look over to a profoundly impressed Darcy.

        "How can you eat a boxful of Pop-Tarts and still be so hungry?" the brunette spoke in amazement, raising her eyebrows at Thor who completely ignored the question, including Jane's one about him showing up in the midst of a horribly violent storm. Olympia doubted that his intention was to purposefully annoy them, but there was an enigma about him, which evidently frustrated Jane who repeated herself more than once. Darcy, on the other hand, was nothing but intrigued as she watched Thor make a gruesome mess of jam and frosting on the plate, possibly still seeking an answer to her own conundrum.

         The man dodged all questions about himself, sure, but when Olympia raised her phone and placed the camera in front of Thor, simply stating, "Smile, I need proof of this", he broke into an adorable grin that made her mirror the joyous expression. There was something truly puzzling about him, how he seemed to have been through a lot yet he managed to radiate such pure innocence and happiness, and that was something Olympia could respect. She, herself, tried to be an optimistic person too but she had to admit that sometimes, her bitter intellect got the best of her.

        Once the perfect picture had been taken, Olympia leaned back in her chair and worked on a snarky caption before sharing the shot online — a process in which Thor was dearly interested in, his keen gaze observing the ritual while his chin practically rested on the blonde's shoulder. Only when the woman put her phone away with a sigh and looked up at her friends, she found the two other women staring at her with that look they always had when researching yet another allegedly fascinating event on the skies.