↳ CHAPTER EIGHT

ACCOMPANIED BY OLYMPIA'S nervous humming of a classic rock song to help calm her nerves, Thor and his future wife strode down the eerily peaceful streets of New Mexico, both of them constantly wiping their eager hair away from their faces as the i...

ACCOMPANIED BY OLYMPIA'S nervous humming of a classic rock song to help calm her nerves, Thor and his future wife strode down the eerily peaceful streets of New Mexico, both of them constantly wiping their eager hair away from their faces as the insistent wind kept blowing the curls right back. Thor was back in his armor, prepared for a fight as much as he wished for none to take place, but for once, his courage wasn't contagious. Olympia was trying her damnedest to channel her evident fear into determined steps, but even with her best attempt, he could sense the worry at bay and instinctively caught her hand in his own. It was the most simple of gestures, but it was enough to earn a relieved, somewhat surprised smile from the Amodei — it wasn't so much the act itself that amazed her, no, she was getting used to that already. It was that, getting used to having someone eternally supportive and loyal that cared just for her, that tugged on her heartstrings the most.

"What is that tune?" Thor inquired with a curious flicker in his eyes, drawing Olympia's attention away from the deep infatuation clashing with the terrible suspicion that they were walking towards their very doom.

Lifting an eyebrow, suddenly only now realizing that it was foolish to assume Asgard would have Youtube or Spotify or any other method of listening to Midgardian music, Olympia chuckled. "I'll play it to you one day", she simply promised, a warm smile blooming on her lips as she interlocked her fingers with Thor's, accepting his affection and earning a similar, joyous expression from him in return.

With a shaky inhale, Olympia tried to remember to breathe while they continued their way towards their friends. As if the hot weather wasn't enough, the storm inside her made her hands sweat — doubly as much when they finally caught sight of their loved ones; Darcy and Jane hiding by the corner of a closed shop while Sif and her companions held their weapons up in anticipation of what was to come. And what was to come, was the looming, detailed form of a towering robot, taking slow stomps from the distance, unbothered by the heat or the welcoming wagon in front of it — one big group, not really ready but having no other choices but to defend themselves and what they stood for.

Olympia knew she wasn't capable of battle, especially on a such a majestic scale, so albeit reluctantly, she fell back with Jane and Darcy. The idea of fighting alongside Thor and his friends was, while terrifying, also empowering but she wasn't stupid, and so, she settled for directing the God of Thunder a hopeful look. "Be careful", she warned with a soft voice, though she guessed that when it came to protecting his friends and family, there was not much Thor wouldn't do. They were similar in that way — brave and loyal, possibly to a fault.

With almost a cocky smile, Thor took Olympia's face in her hands once more, resting their foreheads together as he let out one last breath of preparation. "You have my word", he reassured, and after placing a deep, seal of a kiss on Olympia's forehead, he retreated and turned to his friends, all of which were waiting with smiles on their faces. Olympia supposed that they just wanted to see Thor happy, and admittedly, her heart skipped a beat when she realized that she was a part of that.