↳ CHAPTER NINE

"WE ARE YET to win

"WE ARE YET to win." Five words Olympia didn't wish to hear after a tiring battle with Mjölnir in hand, not to mention after thinking she had lost Thor, yet the man spoke them anyway, making the lot of them sigh with disappointment. It was a fair point, though — sure, they had taken care of the Destroyer, but Loki was still a loose cannon and wreaking havoc in Asgard, where Thor, Olympia, Sif and the Warriors Three were officially planning on heading. They had driven away from the center of the town, to a more remote place where their exit wouldn't cause as much commotion — Olympia, Darcy nor Jane really understood what that meant, but they were in no place to argue.

Instead, the Amodei was riddled with thoughts of Loki. She didn't want to judge someone she had never even met, especially when that someone was meant to be her brother-in-law, but there was no denying that he hadn't made the best first impression. The way Thor was plagued with guilt and heartbreak suggested that he hadn't seen this coming either, that he still saw Loki as family and struggled to carry the burden of having to fight him. That alone was enough to cause a thoughtful frown on Olympia's face as she stood between Sif and Thor, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet as she shrugged.

"Guess we should get going, then", she cleared her throat eventually, gracing Thor with a sympathetic glance before turning to Jane and Darcy, both of which were devoid of witty comments and merely stood in the desert with wry smiles and joined hands. Forcing out a shaky breath, Olympia lifted her hands and stepped closer to the two, neither fighting back as the woman closed them in a group hug. "I promise, this is not goodbye, okay? I'll see you guys as soon as possible", she whispered, knowing that a louder voice wouldn't possibly carry the weight of her words. Concluding from the sniffles that emerged from her shoulders, Darcy and Jane weren't taking it so well, either. "And tell Erik everything, alright? I hate to leave like this but I...", she added on, but without any certainty on where she was going with her point, her voice drifted off.

"We know, we know. Don't worry. You just go out there and be safe and have fun and do what you have to, okay? We love you, Olly", Jane insisted, her previous frustration long-gone as she gave her best friend a tight squeeze before taking a step back and mustering a warm smile. Darcy radiated the same kind of fondness through her glossy eyes as she gave Olympia's shoulder one final pat and some snarky remark about Thor's wonderfully shaped form — it made the three of them chuckle together, for what could be the last time for a while, and therefore all the more valuable.

"I love you too", Olympia declared, happy to have her own, precious version of a family even if her hunt for her original would come up fruitless.

Before she could step back to the magically healed Thor, the screech of tires earned everyone's attention and the sight of several black cars pulling up in front of them encouraged Sif to whip out her sword at the unrecognized threat. It wasn't until Phil Coulson stepped out of the car, followed by his fellow agents, that the ones that had already come across them sighed in some kind of relief — whether or not he was on their side was still a little hazy, but Thor advised Sif to lower her weapon, nonetheless.