↳ CHAPTER TEN

OLYMPIA WAS STUCK in a state of complete disbelief and difficulty to keep track of her own life as the days flicked by and she barely had time to register where one ended and another began. Ever since Thor had blown the Bifrost up, and therefore made it impossible for them to travel to any other realms until a new one would be made in its place, they had dived into the hectic heart of being future king and queen of Asgard — there was a lot that needed to be done, a lot that they hadn't even touched upon yet here she stood, each second bringing her closer to the most outrageously glamorous wedding she had ever heard even tales of. A wedding, in general, was not something she had had in her five-year-plan, but to marry the God of Thunder in a magic realm that she could call home, too, was, quite fittingly, out of this world.

Granted, it hadn't been all champagne and fancy dresses. There was no denying that witnessing Loki fall to his death had taken a toll on Thor, whilst finding out all those separate little details regarding her family had done the same for Olympia — the royal couple had hardly gotten the time to breathe in the past days, to take a moment for themselves, to talk and to grow. It was obvious that the wedding was more of a formality, whereas their relationship still needed time to blossom; and yet, Olympia had never been so sure of anything as she was when it came to saying yes to Thor.

Well, at least that part had been their own, beautiful moment —  he had insisted on showing Olympia the world she had originally come from, and the two had escaped to the shore for a swim in the water colored with the hues of the galaxy and the millions of stars twinkling just for them. That alone had earned a place in Olympia's most valued memories, but hours later when they had rested in one another's arms on the grainy sand and looked up at the sky, he had, seriously this time, asked her to marry him. And although silence had ensued for a few seconds, their eyes locked in the dark, quiet night, she had settled for her answer way before.

They weren't perfect yet — there were firsts and seconds to have, there were some words yet to be spoken, there were all kinds of touches they hadn't gotten to share. But as had been prophesized, they were meant to be, and neither of them could turn their backs on that. Not that their stubborn personalities would have allowed it, anyway.

And so, there Olympia stood, the fading cuts and yellowing bruises concealed with a mixture of magic and make-up, her hair in intricate curls and a nervous smile twitching on her lips as she ogled at herself in the mirror and wrung her hands with one another. In any other case, it would have been typical of her to burst into a panicked rant while storming back and forth the room, but after all, she was moments away from being crowned by Thor's side, and she couldn't help but feel like such behavior wouldn't be proper for the future queen of the kingdom. Nonetheless, it was obvious in her posture how she hadn't really expected to find herself in a wedding gown any time soon, her palms sweaty and her teeth gnawing on her painted lips as she almost tried to find something to fixate on through the reflection staring back at her. It was hard to recognize the woman there, but she wasn't scared of getting to know her anymore.