↳ CHAPTER THREE

          "IF I MAY be so forward as to inquire, what happened with your... boyfriend?"

          What had started out as an awkward silence in the truck as Olympia tailed one of Agent Coulson's shady vehicles with Thor by her side was disrupted by an even more awkward question, earning the woman's attention in a not-so-subtle glare. It was a fair question, she supposed — after all, Thor had been shoved into his clothes, but she wasn't quite sure where to begin, or how to. Not only was it an unexpected topic, but it sparked a sense of discomfort in her heart, caused by the shambles it had been left in after her boyfriend had walked out on her, insisting that he didn't have the time or interest to be with someone like her. She had never gotten a direct explanation, but she guessed that a term like that included all of her flaws and the blank spaces in her head.

          Thor wasn't trying to pry for the sake of annoying her, though. In fact, the gaze in his intent eyes was quite adoring — Olympia had the guts and the heart to go on such an incredibly risky mission to help him and her friends, and there was so much more he wanted to find out about her.

         And, maybe he just wanted to know that there was nothing left lingering between her and this so-called ex-boyfriend.

        "Where are you from?" Olympia finally fired back with a question of her own in an attempt to even scales, instead of shedding light on whatever remained of her dating life. But, when Thor mimicked her attitude by chuckling softly and drifting his stare back to the road to leave the question unanswered like he had a tendency to, Olympia drew in a disappointed breath. "Okay", she cleared her throat again, figuring that her opening up would result in Thor doing the same, "I guess sometimes relationships just die out. If it isn't meant to be, you drift apart and there's nothing you can do about it. He was a dick, but you know, I'm kind of over it."

        She couldn't deny that her answer was quite the general one, leaving out all the details of teary eyes and broken promises, but it was enough for Thor to turn back to her with dedicated interest. The way she sucked in her bottom lip to gnaw on it nervously didn't go unnoticed by the man — evidently, the right words could have resulted in a burst of emotion, and that caused a surge of compassion in the man's soul. From what he could gather, the concept of break-ups wasn't one that humans took lightly, least of all kind-hearted people like Olympia.

        "Yet you wear his clothes", he observed quietly, lacking in politeness as he referred to Olympia's sweatpants, but he wasn't trying to judge or mock. He was simply trying to make sense of it all, but as the one on the receiving end of his notes, the woman merely huffed and tightened her grip on the wheel with an unpleasant grimace twisting her lips. Which, naturally, Thor instantly paid attention to. "Forgive me, Olympia. My intention was not to cause any distress. I truly hope you are aware of how lovely you are, though. You are worthy of someone who loves and appreciates you the way you are", he added with a more delicate tone, his lips quirking up as he continued with a firm nod to back up his words, forcing Olympia to crack a smile too.