↳ CHAPTER SEVEN

QUIET AND BASHFUL, Olympia was staring at the wall across the room, littered with old photos and research, her eyes not really fixating on any of it as her hands played with the hem of her shirt and her mind processed each word Jane was spitting...

QUIET AND BASHFUL, Olympia was staring at the wall across the room, littered with old photos and research, her eyes not really fixating on any of it as her hands played with the hem of her shirt and her mind processed each word Jane was spitting out in betrayal and worry. Even if the Amodei had gotten her fair share of lectures in the past as the fruit of being something of an irresponsible, flimsy person, she had never seen such anger behind Jane's defiant stare — though, the worst part was, she knew that it wasn't just anger. In reality, anger was probably the most distant of Jane's emotions, even if she was putting on a big show with the loud ranting and the vigorous waving of her hands. Even with the Asgardians guided outside while the three women remained indoors, it wasn't difficult for them to hear every word.

"You're getting married to the God of Thunder and traveling to some magic kingdom to live in a golden castle for the rest of your royal life, and you didn't think we'd like to know?" Jane seethed, gesturing at herself and Darcy, who, for once, was rendered speechless but just as intimidated by the Foster's visible frustration. Neither of them tried to fight it though — Darcy out of fear, but Olympia out of understanding. After all, they were family, best friends, and she had kept a life-changing secret to herself.

Then again, she had only learned about all of it, but she supposed pointing that out wouldn't have gotten her very far, so she simply allowed Jane to let everything out while sitting at the table with her eyes cast downwards.

"Look, I'm sorry, of course, I am. And nothing is set in stone yet, so—", Olympia tried to reason once Jane finally remembered to breathe, but her warm and careful approach at the metaphorical ticking timebomb was immediately shot down by the brunette's dry laugh.

"Not set in stone?" she repeated Olympia's words, surprising both of her friends with the uncharacteristically bitter tone. "But it is, Olly! You're a—a soulmate. His soulmate!" Jane reminded, her hand gesturing at Thor, standing outside with his friends, and when Darcy and Olympia turned to him, they noticed all five of them awkwardly turning away as if they hadn't tried to listen in. Still, Jane had a point, and it — along with the unsolicited use of that stupid nickname — made the blonde sigh as she turned back to her friend without another thing to say.

She was right, and therefore it was pointless to try and make her believe otherwise. And ultimately, Olympia figured that this wasn't so much about hiding the truth in itself, but more so of the consequences, of what was to come. Maybe it would be for a few days, maybe a year, maybe a decade, but Olympia would have to visit Asgard eventually; form her own path outside of the one she had shared with Jane, Darcy, and Erik. She didn't want to abandon her friends, but other than them, there was nothing in New Mexico for her, whereas Asgard sounded like everything she had waited for her whole life. She could find out more about her family, become her own person, and that was starting to seem too good to pass.