↳ CHAPTER SIX

          STILL CAUGHT IN a whirlwind of emotions she wasn't quite sure how to process, Olympia welcomed the next day with a sense of tiredness but also with newfound interest ignited in her heart — Thor's tales of his supposed home realm had lulled her into a peaceful sleep right next to him, the crackling fire and the warm air making it easy to drift off to his enchanting voice. And now that the eerie night had changed into a chirpy morning and her initial shock had faded into an unreachable itch she was desperate to scratch, she was hoping for the waves of exhaustion to give way to the motivation to seek answers regarding her past.

        With Thor by her side, she was seated in the back of Jane's car, a sneaky yawn slipping past her lips every now and then as the astrophysicist steered their vehicle towards Darcy's place. Erik, on the other hand, had stayed at the caravan to sleep his hangover off — Olympia supposed that if nothing else supported Thor's ramblings, then the fact that he was still standing upright rather than lying paralyzed in bed, covered in drool, sure did.

         As soon as Darcy had hopped in and her seatbelt was hardly buckled in, she was spinning around in the front seat and flashing a wide grin at Olympia. "So, give me the details. What happened last night? With you two love birds, I mean", she burst into a rant without so much as a greeting, her lit-up eyes glancing between a reddening Olympia and Thor, who, despite his smug smirk, couldn't help but drop his eyes down to the hammer he was carrying along. To be honest, the Amodei still wasn't totally sure how she was supposed to act around him — the idea of being soulmates was fascinating but at the same time, it was a lot to know that Thor had shown up with the intention of putting a ring on her finger by the end of the week.

        "What—nothing!" Olympia stammered out, her jaw falling open and a nervous chuckle rising from her throat. With the hope of gaining some support, she turned to Thor, but when he only stared back as if he was seconds away from revealing everything, Olympia cleared her throat and lifted her hands up to radiate innocence. "I swear, nothing happened!" she insisted, though, to be fair, something did happen, but nothing of the sort that Darcy was clearly insinuating with the inconspicuous wiggling of her eyebrow.

        "I mean...", Jane butted in, glancing through the mirror only to find Thor mimicking Olympia's expression with his hands up in the air despite not knowing what was the purpose. "Considering you left to get us food and never returned, something definitely happened."

         Scoffing out in disbelief, Olympia glanced between her friends, before her incredulous stare landed on Thor and his best attempt at seeming innocent. "No", the blonde insisted while lowering the man's hands, "and no!" She gave Jane's shoulder a soft swat, before wrapping her arms over her chest in frustration, knowing that she was making too big of a deal out of the suggestion and therefore shooting herself in her own foot — being too defensive would make her all the less believable, so she tried to give Jane and Darcy something to settle on. "We just talked, that's all. Then I fell asleep", Olympia offered with a calmer voice, but both of the women quickly leaped into further questioning.