Chapter 34: End of Term Time, Period 2

Hey guys! Sorry if this is shorter, but at the start it is just the crazy principal "fanning the hatred of the E Class" and asking Karasuma-sensei to "wire 1 billion to my account."

==========================================

Aira's POV

"All right, now for an overview of the past year. Next up is the classwork battle. Are you prepared to take the top spots, Karma-kun, Aira-san?" Koro-sensei asks.

Karma smiles. "Gee. I dunno. Idiots like me don't understand hard stuff." I stifled a laugh, and replied, "Yeah. We don't understand anything."

"For your first-term midterms, I gave everyone to goal of making the top fifty. I apologize for that. I was too impatient for results, and I didn't count on your opponents being so strong. But things are different now. You've matured in brain and spirit. You should be able to meet your goals in the face of any plot of setback. With heads held high, you will all come in the top fifty, you will receive your tickets back to the main campus, and you will graduate as the E Class."

"If only it were that easy." Sugino sighs. "The A Class has a new teacher—and you won't believe who it is." The principal finally comes out, huh? "So that's what it's come to." Koro-sensei mumbles.

"Honestly, I want no part of his brainwasing education. His weird charisma, controllimg people with a word or a glance..."

"His teaching skills put him on par with our Mach-20 Koro-sensei."

"If he's their teacher...they've probably already lost the will to defy him." I said quietly.

**********

When it is lunch, I walk out into the forest, climbing up a tree to eat up there. Looking at the cloudy sky, I wince, knowing that it might rain soon. Suddenly, my phone rang. Picking it up, I said into it, "Hello?"

"Is this Aira-san?" Asano's voice comes out, and I almost fall down in shock. "Asano-kun, how did you get my number!?" I exclaim, quickly balancing myself.

"...I need your help to destroy my father." He hesitated, ignoring my question. "Gomen, but how do you expect me to destroy that monster by myself?" I ask again.

"Then, tell your class to help as well."

"...I won't. Unless you go ask them yourself, I won't do it. Put down your pride and dignity for once if you want to destroy him, and we will most definitely help." I said, and hang up without a goodbye.

What was that about? I thought, swinging down and support myself with my legs around the branch. "Aira-chan, aren't you wearing a skirt?" Karma said from behind me, and I let myself fall down, turning around to land on my feet.

"I am, but I wear shorts under it." I replied, looking at him. His usual mischief-filled face is gone, replaced with sadness. "Aira-chan, why do I feel like we are floating apart?" He asks quietly, leaning against the tree.

My eyes widened. "What makes you say that?" I ask back, meeting his gaze. "I don't know, maybe because you just look so lonely nowadays, even though you said you trust us? Or maybe because you make us feel like you are hiding something." His tone is sharp, making me flinch.

I stay silent for a while before whispering, "I don't feel like I belong in this class anymore. After all the things the octopus did for us? His biggest weakness is us. When we are hurt or kidnapped, he tries to save us by risking his own safety, but then we go in to help him because of his kindness. And now...I don't think I can kill him anymore. I may be an assassin, but I didn't have a choice then. Now that I have, I don't think I can kill him, much less cut his tentacles."