Chapter 3

She threw Sherlock off guard. He didn't expect to see a woman in front of him instead of the scrawny, curly haired girl he was best friends with.

He looked out the cab's window as he thought.

Sherlock supposed he did act a bit, as John would call it, rude.

He didn't think she could make deductions as quick as he could. That's at least something new.

The cab soon arrived at 221b Baker Street. He paid the cabbie, who has a serious drug and smoking problem, and strode into the flat.

The flat was silent. Perfect for Sherlock.

He laid on the couch and closed his eyes. Entering his mind palace, Sherlock searched for anything related to Margret that he may not have in his thoughts at the moment.

Sherlock was dimly aware of the flat door opening and footsteps walking in. He recognized the gate to belong to John. He was walking slower than usual, showing that he was thinking intently about something.

"John, you're thinking." Sherlock said flatly.

John's footsteps stopped and Sherlock opened his eyes, leaving his mind palace.

Sherlock noticed John looking at him strangely. For once he couldn't read what John was thinking.

"Of course I'm thinking, Sherlock! One second your running out the door faster than lightening to see this 'friend' of yours and then once you get there you act like a total jerk! What's going on?" John demanded.

Sherlock looked at John with his eyebrows narrowed. "We grew apart, John! People grow apart! I'm not going to tell you my life story so you might as well forget about it!" Sherlock erupted. His deep voice was quick and sharp. John was clearly angry with him. Sherlock didn't care, John never stayed mad long.

"Alright. If that's how you're going to act, then I'll just ask Maggie." John said rather calmly even though Sherlock could tell that his patience was wearing thin. Well, so was his own.

"John, just leave her be. She probably doesn't want to see me." Sherlock urged.

"She thought you forgot her and looked rather sad so I suggest you go and apologize to her right now." John glared at Sherlock and stood as tall as he could be.

Sherlock stood up from his position on the couch and glared down at him. "I'm not apologizing. I have nothing to apologize for." He muttered.

John was enraged. Sherlock could see it in his body language. Why did John care so much?

"Well at least call her and invite her to dinner or something." John said and stomped over to his laptop.

Sherlock lay back down on the couch. "I'm not going to invite her for dinner, John." Sherlock said and rolled over so his back faced him.

John sighed and gave up trying to talk his flatmate into it.

Sherlock lay there for a while before John went to bed.

He eyed his phone. Should he call her? No, he doesn't even have her number. Maybe Mycroft has her number.

Sherlock picked up the phone and scrolled down to Mycroft's contact before selecting it.

It rang once before Sherlock's brother answered picked up.

"Hello?" Mycroft's voice answered.

"You answered a little quickly, Mycroft. Waiting for my call?" Sherlock asked.

"Just happened to be standing by when you rang. What do you want?" Mycroft changed the subject.

Sherlock smirked at his correct assumption and almost blurted out that he wanted Maggie's number. Mycroft would make a joke out of it.

"Can't I check up on my big brother once in a while?" Sherlock reasoned.

He heard Mycroft laugh shortly and humorlessly on the other end of the phone.

"Not when it's you, Sherlock. You're not one for friendly chit chat unless you get something out of it." Mycroft said coldly. There was a slight pause before Mycroft continued, "This is about Maggie isn't it?"

"What if it is?" Sherlock replied rather lamely.

"Sherlock, I know you've missed her. Why haven't you properly spoken to her?" Mycroft pondered.

"I'm busy, Mycroft. I don't have friends." Sherlock said strictly.

"Doctor Watson?" He reminded him.

"He's my only friend. I don't need anymore." Sherlock replied.

Sherlock heard Mycroft click his tongue lightly before replying, "Maggie was your best friend. Our best friend to be precise. Why have you given up on her?"

Sherlock sighed and ran a hand through his curly, black hair. "I haven't Mycroft. I just haven't had the time." He said.

"What could you possibly be busy with? There's no crimes at the moment and you don't do much else." Mycroft questioned.

Sherlock grunted in frustration. He really was bored. Really bored.

Where did John hide his gun this time? Sherlock desperately needed something to do.

"Good bye, Mycroft." He said flatly and went to hang up.

"Wait. What did you want?" Mycroft said a little loudly.

"I was wondering if you happened to know Maggie's number." Sherlock said quickly and silently hoped Mycroft hadn't understand him.

"Ha, I knew it. Alright I'll text it to you since that was so hard on you." Mycroft said sarcastically.

Sherlock ended the call without another word.

He soon got a text with Maggie's number attached.

Sherlock entered her number into his contacts and put his phone aside.

He could call her tomorrow. She's most likely in bed by now.

Sherlock lay on his back for a bit before standing up and playing his violin.

Sherlock heard John groan in annoyance as his playing most likely woke him. Sherlock just ignored John's shouts of protest and continued to play.

(A/N) Sorry this chapter is rather short but I ran out of ideas.

Thanks. IOU