Chapter 42-Maggie's POV

(A/N) Well, this book is sadly coming to an end soon. Don't worry, there will be a sequel. I just want to say thank you for reading and commenting and voting. I have a vague idea for a plot for the next book so I'm looking forward to writing it. Thanks again! Onto the chapter!

When Mycroft had called me two days ago, saying I could come home, I immediately packed and got the first flight to London.

The flight went by quick and I practically ran at full speed through the airport. It wasn't until 9:00 PM that I made it to my flat.

"Maggie?!" Mrs Lancer shrieked from the hallway.

"Mrs Lancer!" I exclaimed and hugged the old woman as tightly as I dared.

"What are you doing here, sweetie?" she asked.

"I need a dress." I said. I owned no dresses at all and I remembered John's wedding.

I was late but I was desperate to see him on his special day.

Mrs. Lancer grinned. "I think I can help with that. When my niece moved out, she forgot some of her clothes and I think I can fix one of her dresses to fit you." She said, hurrying to her door and coming back out 15 minutes later with a purple laced dress.

It would work.

"I had to take it in a bit but other than that, she was about your size." Mrs. Lancer said, handing me the dress.

"Thank you so much." I said with a smile and hugged her again quickly. I hurried up the stairs to my main room to change.

I paused briefly before leaving to admire the flat I had missed so much.

I only put on light makeup including mascara and lipgloss. I put my hair up in a neat bun and waved a quick goodbye to Mrs Lancer.

She wished me luck as I hailed a cab and hurried to John's reception.

Hopefully I won't be too late.

I paid the cabbie and ran towards the building John and Mary's after party was being held.

Multi colored lights were visible through the windows and I could see the outlines of people.

I entered through the front door and walked towards the hallway that led to the main room.

I approached the hallway and took a deep breath before slowly walking down. I kept my head down and looked around for John.

I finally spotted him by the time I stepped into the room. I hurried over to him and put my hands over his eyes. "Guess who?" I asked.

"Uh, I don't know. Mary?" He tried.

Mary laughed from where she was standing in front of him rather than behind him like I was.

"Nope." I said and pulled my hands away from his eyes.

He turned to look at me and his smile turned into a look of pure shock.

"Maggie? Wh-How are you...here? I thought..." John stuttered.

Mary giggled from behind him and hugged me. "It's so nice to see you, Maggie." She said.

"I've missed you." I replied and she reluctantly let me out of her grip.

John held out his arms for a hug. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I missed you, John." I whispered into his ear.

"I missed you too, Maggie." He replied softly.

I pulled back and look him in the eyes. They were watery and I rolled my eyes. "Please John, it's your wedding. No crying allowed." I said sternly.

John laughed and nodded.

One of the guests came up to talk to the happy bride and groom. I let out a sigh and moved to one of the outer walls. I watched everyone dance. I scanned the crowd for Sherlock but I didn't see him anywhere.

I guess parties weren't exactly the ideal place to find a sociopath.

I let out a disappointed sigh and turned my gaze to the ground.

The song changed to a slower melody. I found myself swaying slightly to the music. It was a violin and piano duet.

"May I have this dance?" A deep voice came from my right. I gasped in surprise and jumped slightly before turning to look at the man.

"Sh-Sherlock?" I asked, looking up at him.

He smiled, "The one and only." He laughed and held out his hand for me to take. I looked at it uncertainly. "You know, it's not polite to stare."

I rolled my eyes and took his hand. He led me away from the wall and onto the dance floor. He placed his left hand lightly on my waist and held my left hand in his right. We slowly danced to the music, our eyes locked together. "What took you so long?" He asked.

"It takes time to get to a wedding, Mr. Holmes." I replied with a small smile. I spotted John watching Sherlock and I. He raised his eyebrows with an amused expression on his face.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at John. He returned the smile but included a wink before turning back to his new wife and Greg Lestrade.

Greg had been watching me too and his eyes were wide, glancing from me to Sherlock's back and to me again.

"What are you doing?" Sherlock asked.

I laughed. "People are staring at us." I said.

"Let me guess. John, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson, Molly, and Mary are all looking at us with amused looks on their faces." Sherlock predicted.

I looked around and saw all 5 people glancing at us. "Spot on, Mr. Holmes. Except...someone else is watching us." I said, looking down the hallway where a man was standing. He was too far away for any details.

Sherlock spun me around casually to look at the mystery man. Now I had a view of the people Sherlock would have been looking at. A few were watching us while the others chatted happily with each other.

"Great. Can't I have one normal day?" Sherlock asked.

"If you had a normal day, your whole flat would be a wreck." I said.

Sherlock chuckled.

"Should I get John?" I asked, pulling away to tell John about the man. Sherlock grabbed my arm to keep me from pulling away.

"If they want to talk to us that urgently, they'll wait till after the next song." Sherlock said.

I grinned and looked away from the man in the hallway. I moved my eyes up to look at Sherlock.

"So how was the speech? I heard you were best man." I said.

"It was...dreadful. But I did manage to catch a criminal while running my mouth off." Sherlock said.

"A criminal? Did I miss all of the fun?" I asked with a hint of disappointment in my voice.

"I didn't know hearing my speech would be fun. The crowd started crying at one point and John hugged me. It was more confusing than 'fun'. I still don't know what I did wrong." Sherlock said.

I laughed and felt tears start to well up in my eyes.

"Why are you crying? Damn, why is everyone crying around me today?! So emotional..." Sherlock exclaimed.

I pulled him into a hug, him not expecting it at all. "I missed you...so much. Sherlock, I don't ever want to leave again." I whispered into his ear, fighting the tears threatening to fall.

Sherlock hugged me back slowly and slightly stiff. "I don't want you to leave either. You don't have to. I won't allow it." He replied.

I squeezed my eyes shut and hugged him tighter, never planning to let go.

I felt at home for the first time in what seemed like forever.