Chapter 35-Sherlock's POV

(A/N) IMPORTANT CHALLENGE/ACTIVITY FOR YOU AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!!

"She's been in there for an hour, John. An hour!" I exclaimed, pacing back and forth on the pavement. Worry showed clearly on my face but at this point I didn't care. I was worried for Maggie.

"I know, Sherlock, but she told us not to go inside. I wouldn't mess with her to be honest." John said.

"Don't act like you don't care, John. We...you care for her I can see it." I said, watching my words carefully.

"Of course I care for her, she's my friend. But I trust her word and her words said not to go inside that building." John urged.

I put my fist to my lips as I continued to pace back and forth. My eyes never leaving the building.

"Would you stop pacing!" John shouted impatiently.

I stopped pacing and looked at John. "I'm going in there." I announced with agitation clear in my voice.

"No. Sherlock, wait!" John shouted as I spun on my heel and started to make my way into the building. "Sherlock, walk a bit slower please."

"If I walk any slower, I will be going at the speed of a turtle. You speed up." I commanded, not turning to look at my short companion.

I heard John sigh and his footsteps sped up until he was right behind me.

I put my hand on the knob and twisted it to the right to push open the door. It opened easier than expected and I nearly fell on my face. Instead of seeing a hallway, Maggie stood there with tears in her eyes and a nervous tremble in her body, as if she were about to burst.

"Maggie? Maggie, what's wrong?" I asked.

It seemed as if that was all it took for her to break. She looked as if she were about to fall over but I quickly caught her and pulled her closely to me.

I looked over my shoulder at John who had worry painted on his face. Maggie buried her head in my chest and sobbed. I didn't try to ask what happened.

I held onto her tightly and put my chin on the top of her head. She had her arms wrapped tightly around my neck while mine were around her waist.

I breathed in deeply. She smelt like strawberries. I never noticed before...

I snapped out of my trance and motioned for John to move inside the building. He nodded and slid past us. Maggie's hand flew out and grabbed John's jacket desperately.

He turned to look at her. She looked up with tears still strolling down her cheeks.

"Can we just go home?" She asked, her voice broken.

John flicked his gaze to me and I hesitated before slowly nodding, still curious as to who was up there. I guess I can watch the camera that was in Maggie's pocket.

John stepped back outside and slipped his hand into Maggie's for comfort. Tears rolled down her face but she spared a small smile to John as we walked back to the main road.

The cab drove the three of us to 221B and Maggie was the first one out. I followed her and watched her carefully.

I unlocked the door and John followed Maggie inside, still holding her hand. I was starting to suspect that she never wanted to let go. As if she were afraid of losing us.

Did they threaten to hurt us?

The question bounced around in my mind as I followed the two up into the flat.

Maggie went straight to the couch and shrugged off her coat, draping it over the arm. She flopped onto her back, staring at the ceiling.

"You know, you're going to have to tell us what happened." I started, watching her carefully.

Maggie looked over at me. Her eyes were red and raw from her crying. "I can't." She whispered, her voice was still weak and small.

"Who was the visitor?" John asked after a long moment of silence.

Maggie looked over at John and seemed to freeze for a moment, as if listening to something. "J-Just a date. Nobody to worry about." She offered a small smile that I saw right through. She was lying.

I decided to keep my mouth shut and I moved over to sit next to Maggie on the couch. She tensed as I sat to the right of her.

I furrowed my eyebrows and whispered in her ear, "I know you're lying."

Maggie suddenly stood up as if she couldn't stand to be close to me. "I have to go." She rushed and hurried out the door I'm guessing to go to her flat.

I stared at the door where she had practically ran through.

I was worried for her.

NEXT DAY AROUND 9:00 AM.

I paced nervously in the living room. Maggie was the only thing on my mind. What happened? Why hasn't she called? Oh great, now I sound like John when one of his girlfriends don't call him back.

I shook my head to delete that thought. I had to focus. Think back to her reactions and her words. She had to have said something. I ran a hand through my curly hair nervously.

I heard footsteps enter the room followed by John entering the room. I glanced at him before returning my gaze to the floor.

"Sherlock? Are you alright?" John asked.

"No, John, I'm not alright. Where's Maggie?" I asked myself but I guess John thought I was asking him.

"I'm sure she's at her flat. Why don't you go over? You look like you could use some fresh air." John commented as he started making tea.

I stopped pacing and raced over to my coat and scarf, which was hung up on a hook on the door. I wrapped the scarf around my neck as I hurried down the stairs and to Maggie's flat.

AT MAGGIE'S FLAT. 9:15 AM

I knocked impatiently on the door. I heard shuffling footsteps and concluded that it was Maggie's landlady, Mrs. Lancer, before the door opened.

The lady looked up at me with a confused look on her face. "May I help you?" She asked.

"Yes. Is Maggie here?" I rushed.

Mrs. Lancer blinked before slowly shaking her head. "No. She gave me her keys last night. She left in a hurry." The lady said.

"Do you know where she went?" I asked.

Mrs. Lancer thought for a moment before saying, "She said her plane takes off at 10:00 AM. You can probably catch her at the airport if you hurry. Is it urgent?"

I froze for a split second before nodding my thanks to the kind woman and rushing back to the main road to hail a cab.

I'm going to the airport.

AT THE AIRPORT. 9:45 AM.

I handed the cabbie my fare before jumping out of the cab before it came to a complete stop.

I only had 15 minutes to find Maggie before her plane takes off. Problem is, I don't know where she could be going.

I looked at the board that listed the times for each plane's take off.

I found a flight to America at 10:00 and figure it was my best shot.

I called John as I ran through the crowds. It rang twice before he answered.

"Sherlock? Where are you? I called Maggie's flat and Mrs. Lancer said she wasn't there." John asked.

"I'm at the airport. Maggie's going to America. I only have...10 minutes to find her flight." I rushed, checking the clock across the large room.

"Airport? Why is Maggie going to America?" John asked.

"That's what I want to find out." I answered.

"Sir? Sir?" I looked down to see one of the employees trying to get my attention.

"Yes? What?" I asked, looking around frantically.

"Sir, I can't let you pass until you show me your ticket." She said.

"Ticket? No, I'm trying to find a friend of mine." I said hurriedly, ignoring John's questions through the phone.

"I'm sorry sir. But you can't go through. It's against the rules." She said.

"The rules are wrong! Let me through! It's urgent police business!" I tried.

"I can't let you through, Sir, unless you buy a ticket." She urged.

I cursed under my breath and handed her my card to buy the blasted ticket. "Hurry up." I urged as she swiped my card and pressed buttons on her computer screen.

She handed me a ticket and said, "Have a nice flight, sir." with a fake smile on her lips.

I ignored her and pushed past and into the next part of the room. I ran past other travelers and business men. I glanced at the clock and saw that I had 5 minutes to make it through the security and to Maggie's flight.

I walked up to the metal detector and the bored security guard ordered me to take off my shoes and wallet etc.

I slipped my shoes off and threw them in the bin along with my phone. I walked through the detector and it went off with a loud beep.

"Sir, step over here for me please." The guard said.

I rolled my eyes and stepped aside. He took out his hand-held metal detector and ran it over my body to check for anything. It went off at the bottom of my back where the waist band of my trousers were.

He patted me down and pulled out the pistol that I had tucked into my waistband. I smiled at him and said, "You can keep that." before grabbing my shoes and phone from the bin and running through the airport.

I heard an alarm go off and multiple officers chasing me. I sped up and saw that I had one minute before her plane took off. I found the gate and saw the last person go through. The attendant closed the door just as I got there.

"Please, I need to talk to someone on the plane." I rushed, gasping for air.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I can't stop the plane once the gate is closed." The attendant explained.

I let out a breath and pulled out my phone that I had shoved into my pocket. I dialed John and walked away from the gate defeatedly.

He answered quickly, "Sherlock?"

"No time to explain. Call Lestrade and tell him I'm being arrested at the airport." I said, watching the security guards running towards me.

"What? Sherloc-" I hung up on him just as the guards reached me.

The tackled me to the ground and put handcuffs on me and recited my rights and etc. I watched Maggie's plane take off, a single tear rolling down my cheek.

The guards hauled me to my feet and led me away from the gate.

(A/N).....wow. Well, now I guess we all know what Charles threatened Maggie to do so Sherlock and John wouldn't die. Anybody sensing the relationship between Maggie and Sherlock growing?? Not a big secret as to how Sherlock feels for Maggie anymore.

COMMENT CHALLENGE FOR YOU!
If they should get together, what should their ship name be? Like, MagLock, Shaggie, Shergret (haha that sounds like a Sherlock flavored ice cream)? Let me know in the comments which one or if you can think of another name. Whichever one gets the most votes/requests will be used. Thanks Sherlockians!!!