Chapter 4

Maggie hadn't slept that night. Thoughts of Sherlock and Mycroft ran through her head.

The time when Sherlock and Maggie would make up stories about strangers on the street when they were fourteen. The times Mycroft would tell her what was bothering him whether it was his family or just something about the world that seemed wrong to him.

Maggie ran a hand through her curly hair and sat up in bed. It was six o'clock and she was completely bored already.

Maggie got a shower and changed into a pair of black pants and a forest green blouse. She put her hair up in a towel to dry it a bit and brushed her teeth.

Maggie went into her kitchen and poured herself a cup of coffee. The caffeine immediately woke her up a bit and she downed another mug full.

Maggie went into the bathroom to finish drying her hair and then brushing out the tangles. Her hair started to make its annoying curls and she gave up trying to make herself presentable.

She finished putting on her light make-up and grabbed the trench coat from the closet.

Maggie picked up her phone and made sure it was on.

Her small heels clicked as she walked down the wooden stairs.

She said goodbye to Mrs. Lancer and headed to the building at which she worked.

Molly was already busy at the lab when Maggie walked in. Maggie saw her studying something under the microscope and walked over.

"Hello Molly. How was the date last night?" She already knew the answer but she decided to ask anyway.

Molly blushed slightly and smiled. "Great...but you already knew that didn't you? How'd you figure it out this time?" She asked seeming genuinely interested.

"I can see the 'bruise' on your neck that's mostly hidden under a considerable amount of foundation and the collar of your shirt. You're wearing more perfume than usual. Also, you seem to be quite happy this morning yet tired at the same time. It's not hard to figure out." Maggie replied and walked over to the other side of the table.

"Not hard for you, anyway." Molly muttered and returned to looking under the telescope after readjusting the collar of her shirt to cover the 'bruise'.

Maggie laughed a bit at her response. She walked over to the far side of the room to find her gloves. She can never find the damned things where she last set them down.

Maggie stood on a stool she had found in the corner of the room and attempted to see if the gloves had magically appeared there somehow.

"Hey Molly, have you seen my gloves?" Maggie asked her and gave up on the stool idea.

"I threw them out." Molly replied simply.

"What?" Maggie asked and spun around to face her.

"They were disgusting. You're not suppose to use them more than once, you know." Molly said as if Maggie were a toddler.

"Yes, I know. But it's silly to waste time throwing gloves away while you could be doing your job." Maggie replied and headed over to the cupboard where they kept the fresh gloves.

"Well it's disgusting." Molly replied and twisted her face into a disgusted look.

Maggie pulled on the clean gloves and returned to the lab table. "Anything new today?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah. There was a murder early this morning. Lestrade was here earlier looking for you. Wondered if you could check out the scene." Molly informed her.