Chapter 36-Maggie's POV

I handed the attendant my ticket and she let me through. I heard alarms go off in the background and briefly paused to turn around and see if I could see anything. I shrugged it off and climbed aboard my plane that was to take off any minute now.

I found my seat and put my bags in the compartment above. I sunk into my seat and looked out my window, I could see into the room where the entrance to the gate.

I watched as someone ran towards the gate with a rushed body language to them. I saw as they turned their face, that it was Sherlock.

He slammed his hands on the desk and hurriedly talked to the desk attendant.

After a short conversation, Sherlock pulled out his phone and called someone. Just as he ended the call, some security guards tackled him to the ground.

My plane started to move and I placed my hand on the window, watching the sadness and the disappointment on Sherlock's face as he was handcuffed. He watched my plane as it rolled onto the runway and prepared to take off.

"Too bad your boyfriend was late. My heart breaks just looking at his face." Charles said through the earpiece.

I turned away from the window and wiped a tear from my eye.

"Miss? Are you alright?" The man sitting next to me asked. He was wearing a tailored suit and wore a bluetooth in his ear. Definitely a business man.

"Yeah. Just my allergies." I lied.

He slowly nodded and sat back in his seat.

I turned back around and watched out the window as we took off into the sky.

This is how I sat the whole way to America.

NEW YORK, AMERICA. 5:30 PM.

I walked out of the airport and into the cold weather of New York.

Charles had told me that one of his own cars would pick me up. "To make sure you don't run back to Sherlock." He had said.

I pulled my two suitcase along behind me and I looked around for his car.

"The black Cadillac up ahead." Charles replied to my question. I looked around for the car until I spotted it up ahead.

A man got out of the drivers side and held the door open for me. I slid in and the door closed behind me.

The man went around the car again and got behind the driver's wheel. I felt disoriented since the wheel was on the left side instead of the right. America is weird.

The car started up and so did Charles's voice. "You will be living in a small flat in the state of Maryland. Better get comfortable, that's six hours away." Charles laughed.

I sighed heavily and figured I might as well settle in my seat. Six hours until we reach Maryland State. Great.

WASHINGTON DC, MARYLAND. 11:30 PM.

I woke up from a light sleep. I was still in Charles's car but definitely not in the busy state of New York.

This state was literally a large clump of mountains and hills. But the city had flattened out most of it. You could still see mountains in the distance.

The car slowed to a stop in front of a large apartment building.

It was nice on the outside and didn't look too dirty.

I opened my door and grabbed my suitcases out of the car. The car sped off and left me alone with only my suitcases and Charles's voice. I was surprised it still worked at this distance...that is if he's still in London.

I made my way into the apartment building and looked around. The floors were an ugly green carpet and the elevator didn't work apparently. There was caution tape in front of it so I could only assume.

"You're on the third level and the first door to your left." Charles informed me.

"Don't I need a key?" I whispered.

"Look on the small table to your left. There should be a key." Charles answered.

How he planned all of this out was beyond me and I was too exhausted to deduce anything. I walked over to the wooden table that was rather smooth and beautiful. I picked up the silver key and started for the stairs.

Once I made it to my third floor apartment, I put the key in the lock of the dark brown door.

It opened easily and I stepped inside.

The front room was large with a couch to my front left and a plush chair next to it. Both were angled to face a wooden coffee table and a television. A desk sat to the left of the television with enough space to fit a small laptop. At the far end of the room was a small kitchen with enough room to hold the small refrigerator, a small table, a few wooden cabinets, and some open counter space. Leading from the living area was a hallway that must lead to the bathroom and bedroom. All in all, it wasn't bad at all.

"Trying to get on my good side, Charles?" I asked, looking around the room.

"Just trying to be a gentlemen. After all, you're going to be here for a long time." He added.

I felt my stomach twist in guilt as I remembered Sherlock's broken expression as my plane had first taken off.

I moved further into the room and set my suitcases in front of the couch.

I looked to the area behind the couch and walked over to the window. I pulled the beige curtains to the side and looked out into the street.

A few cars passed by but it wasn't busy at all. Definitely not going to get used to that.

I walked aimlessly around the room until my eyes started to close. I quickly changed into my night clothes and walked down the short hallway from the bathroom to the bedroom at the very end of the hallway.

The room was empty other than a closet and a full bed. I laid down on the bed and slowly drifted off to sleep.

DREAM:

I blinked and tried to focus on my surroundings. I stood in Sherlock and John's flat. Sherlock stood by the window, playing a beautiful song on his violin. John sat in his chair with a cup of tea in his hand.

Everything was peaceful. At least until a scream came from downstairs. I recognized it as Mrs. Hudson. Sherlock and John continued their business as if nothing had happened.

I stood up and went downstairs to see Mrs. Hudson laying dead in the hall. A cup of tea shattered by her head and blood pooling around her from a bullet hole in her temple.

I tried to scream but no sound came out. I rushed upstairs to get John or Sherlock to help.

I burst into the room to find Sherlock and John laying dead on the floor, both shot in the chest. Charles sat nonchalantly on the couch, with a pistol in his right hand. He admired it as he spoke, "I told you to leave. But you didn't listen. Now you must face the consequences." He looked over at Sherlock's still body.

I looked around the room and saw blood splattered on the wall. Dead bodies surrounded me: Molly, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson, Mrs. Lancer, John and Sherlock.

I went to cover my mouth in horror when I saw a gun in my hand and blood covering my clothes. Charles was gone.

I had killed them.

DREAM END:

I gasped as I sat up. Sweat beaded up on my forehead and my breathing was quick.

I looked around my room and momentarily forgot where I was. Why am I not back in London? Then I remembered my nightmare and I focused on slowing my breathing.

"Nightmare?" Charles's voice mocked from my earpiece.

I ignored him and pulled it out of my ear. I was done with him. Just as I pulled the Bluetooth out, my phone rang.

"What?" I asked angrily.

"Broken up with me already?" Charles asked with fake hurt in his tone.

"Yes. Now leave me alone. I've done everything you wanted." I said with my teeth gritted together.

"Alright. But I will be keeping my eye on you. Don't think you're free from me, yet." Charles said.

"Fine. Bye." I hung up on him and put my phone on my bed. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. It was still dark outside. I checked the time on my phone. 5:36 AM.

Might as well get up.

I walked to my bathroom with my eyes still half closed from exhaustion.

I turned on the shower and the hot water seemed to help and wake me up a bit.

I changed into casual clothes and pulled my hair back in a reasonably neat bun.

I pulled out the laptop I had packed and started searching for a job. I had no idea how long I would be here. Judging from what Charles said, a long time.

I scrolled through job openings. There weren't many and only one caught my eye.

A detective for the Washington DC Police Department.

(A/N) Still asking what ship name Maggie and Sherlock should have. Any ideas? At all? Leave them in the comments. XD