Chap. 5

Unknown

I walked through my house as I greeted by mother, Tessa.

"Hey baby how did everything go with Chris?" She hugged with a warm smile.

"It was okay, I guess" I shrugged

"What do you mean it was okay? Were you able to see Lavera?" I can tell she was starting to feel antsy as she paced back and fourth.

Feeling concerned I went up to hear and placed my hand on her shoulder and she jumped up with a high pitch sigh. I felt my dreads tickling down neck as I my head in defeat.

Ever since the murder of my older sister, Shayla, my mother been feeling like it has been all her fault. Since it happen she went to Shayla's funeral, kicked the drugs, starting going to church, and drop my "dad", Herb. I'm actually happy that she got herself together but I somewhat felt bad that it took my sister's death for her to get it together. We been through a lot just to get to this very point which to complete our family.

I rubbed the back of my neck as I tired to clear my throat. Taking a relieving breathe I pick my head to make eye contact with her, only to see a vexed look in her eyes.

"Look Kevin, don't look at me like that, okay? I not responsible for Shayla. She more then likely got herself killed." She looked away at the last word.

"Ma, I'm not saying nor thinking you are responsible for happen, but can you at least admit that if you were in her life a little more she would have never been in that place. Hell she would have been alive!"

"She-" Before she can finish I left. I just don't get it. How could think that way about your kid.

I stormed off to my car as she called after. Once I closed the door I look up and see she is making her way over to the car door. I locked it as the key in the ignition and brought the car to life.

"Kevin! Kevin, own the damn door" she shout as she bang her fist up against the window. Ignoring her I pulled out of the drive way despite the going on lookers.

I got to get my niece somehow..

Sarah

My breath pitched up as my feet slapped against the hot pavement.

"Sarah!" A raspy voice barked

Feeling my legs giving up I looked around for a spot to hide. I jumped when I heard his laughed.

"Sarah you can't hide from me forever baebeh."

Seeing a car I hide under it. Hearing footsteps coming close to the car.

"Come out come out wherever you are" I placed my hand over my mouth as he circled the car, almost like he knew I was there.

"Sarah" he singed my name over again as he paced on the left sound of the car.

"Sarah, I know under that car. I can smell your perfume." I can tell he was grinning. He paced and looked under the car with this look (mm but a bit more scarier) on his as he barked my name.

 He paced and looked under the car with this look (mm but a bit more scarier) on his as he barked my name

"Sarah" I jumped back trying to crawl from under the car as he pulled on my arm.

"Let go of me August" I panted due to the high anxiety. I told your ass you're not leaving.

"Help!!"

All I saw was being pulled closer to August as everything went black.