Chapter 13

Sarah

I wiggled the pen between my index and middle finger as I waited for the police officer to come back.

This has been on my mind for the past few days after my run in with August. Since then my family has been pushing for me to get a restraining order against him. A part wants me to do it to be free of him for awhile but what is stopping me from doing this is the baby that growing.

What would she or he think when she gets to the age to ask about her father... Would it be like it was in my dream??

"Okay ma'm I going to need you to sign this and should be all set. Oh and if anything happen don't hesitate to contact us, okay?"

I mobbed I singed the paper and wave good bye to him.

I rubbed my stomach thinking about the possible life my kid would have. Would she be fine? How would I rasie her? And would August interve his way into her life?

I slide into  the black Lexus and buckle in my seat beat.

"So how did it go?" Nessa asked me as she pulled off.

"It went okay, I guess." I said lowly. I faced the window.

"Hey, you did the right thing. And don't worry, we got you." she tried to ensure me by placing her right hand over my before giving a squeeze.

I smiled.

I thought back to all the people that were affected by this mess.

Shayla...

Issa..

Raven...

Jacquees...

Nessa...

My parents....

And August??...

I haven't seen or heard from him since the night at the club. Even with everything that happen I just don't have the heart to be cold to him.

August

I paced back and fourth in this room thinking I'm about to go crazy. Ever since that night at the club everything just seem so.. Dull.

I held the very last thing Sarah didn't take with her was one of her hair scarfs. I run my thumb over the silky fabric as a memory pop into my head.

"Hey August, I need to talk to you about something!" She said in her slight raspy voice.

"What?" I was annoyed that day cause Shayla was blowing up my phone that day.

Her faced scrunched up before saying never mind and looked into the mirror to check if her hair scarf was on right.

"Sarah, what is it baby?" I spoke softer. I didn't want to fight tonight, so I'd tried to be nice.

"Well, I was wondering what do you think about having a baby?" I saw the tinkle in her eyes and the smile forming on her lips but soon drop once she looked at me.

"I said no, in fact hell no!" I went back to the TV and looked at anything that was on. Which was lifetime.

"August" she said softly.

I ignore her as I turn it up a little.

"August, why don't you want a baby? " she get close to me before pouting her lips.

"Cause, I want to be stuck with your hoe ass fa the rest of mah life." I looked at her straight in the eyes.

I regretted saying that because of the tears that soon formed in her eyes.

"Sarah?" I tired to reach for her but she pulled away. She knew I hate that shit.

"Sarah!" I said a bit more firmly.

"No August." She tired to make her way over to the bathroom that is before I pulled her arm back then smack her. She fall to the ground,I walk out of the room as I mumbled "Shouldn't done that."

She cried as she held the side of her face.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as thoughts came cashing into my head.

Why don't you just do already?? What are you waiting for? Do it!

You're worthless...

How can you love her when you can't love yourself?

Look at you ! You are a mess with out her..

That world would be a better place without... You

It was something shinny that caught my eye. The room seem like it was spinning and it felt like I was floating on air. Ipick up the shinny pice only to see it was glass.

Feeling like I had nothing esle left to lose, I dragged the jagged edge from my waist up to my forearm. I tilted my head back and face the damp light that hang for my celling.

"August?" It was the last thing I heard just before everything went black.