Prologue

A year ago

"Odell come on, please I need you to consider this! Don't you want me making more money?" I begged following him out onto the balcony of my office in NY. He stopped and turned around facing me. By the look on his face, I could see how my plan to move was really killing him.

"Jazz no! I'm not changing my mind. I just got a 9 million dollar bonus to stay with the Giants! You have no need to work at all!!!! You can manage your boutique from home! You're not taking my daughter away from me!" He said getting in my face. After all I've done and given up for Odell? He cannot be serious!

Tears slowly started to flow from my eyes and I backed away from him. He sighed as I kept backing away from him. "Five years. Five years I've dedicated everything to you and your career! Had your child! Switched schools so you could be closer to Livi and your dreams. And you cannot do this one thing for me?? Livi isn't two years old anymore! She's five Dell! FIVE! She's old enough to understand that we are separated and that she and Mommy are moving to Atlanta." I said in-between heavy cries.

"Jazz man, stop crying! I tell you all the time how much I love and adore you for sacrificing your dreams for mine! And most of all giving me my gorgeous daughter" He said smiling approaching me. "But I cannot and will not allow you to just up and leave! No! I'm not changing my mind" He said taking my hand in his.

"That's not fair Odell" I said snatching away from him. "Enough!" He half yelled. I jumped back a little frightened. "Go pick Livi up from kindergarten. I'll see you at home" He said storming back into my office and grabbing his stuff before leaving out. I sat down and quickly dialed my Moms number. She answered pretty quickly.

"Yes Baby" My mom said into the phone. Her sweet southern accent filled my ears and made my heart smile. "Ma...I'm coming home." I said before more tears fell...