Chapter Seven: Two can play that game

Odell

"Ma, Ima just go back to NY alright? I'm sorry." I mumbled on FaceTime with her as I rode in the cab back to the airport. I got to Baton Rouge, then got that text from Jazz saying she was with August, like damn! Can you see your daughter first? It just ruined my entire mood.

"Aw son! Okay! I'll be up there to see you okay? You have a safe flight home! Let me know when you get home. Isn't Jarv coming up there for a while?" She asked.

"Yeah. He out for the first couple games once the season starts too." I explained.

"Hm. Well you have fun with Jarv. I love you pumpkin" she said blowing me a kiss.

I smiled and nodded my head. "I love you more Mama" I said before hanging up.

I felt bad for not seeing Moms, but I just wanna go home get my head right. I miss my baby already and maybe I shouldn't have been dry with her but whatever. I'm really second guessing her going on tour with dude. But she wants me to trust her, and shit she's engaged now so.. We good. Hopefully.

-that night-

"Brother!" Leigh yelled in the phone. "Loud ass." I groaned. She smiled brightly at me.

"What you want girl?" I asked chuckling walking to my fridge. "Daddy be nice" I heard my angel say suddenly. Wait what? Why is Leigh in Atlanta.

"You with my kid?" I asked looking in the camera. "Yeah." She said chuckling switching the camera showing me Jazz crib. Jazz was on the couch next to her on the phone and Livi was coloring on the floor.

"Who's that?" I heard Jazz ask.

"Dellica" Leigh responded.

I heard Jazz smack her lips and Leigh raised her eyebrow. I shook my head and bit into my apple acting like I didn't hear her smack her lips.

"The hell?" Leigh asked standing up. She had to of walked into the next room because it got quiet. 

"What was that?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders and sighed.

"She was with August today as soon as she got back to ATL." I explained. "Okay? She's going her job" she said in a sarcastically. I gave her the straightest face. 

"Odell Beckham. Relax." Leigh said laughing. 

"It's not funny Leigh Beckham! I will beat that nigga ass if he try my girl!" I roared. 

"Woah big guy, calm down" she replied with wide eyes. 

"I'm sorry. I just love Jazmine and I'll be dammed if I throw away six years of my love life to some nigga" I mumbled. It was quiet and I looked up seeing Jazmine's face instead Leigh. Clever Leigh as always.

"I'm sorry" I mumble. "It's fine." She said before looking away from me. "Forreal Jazmine" I said.

"I said its fine. You'll be doing this shit again in a couple more days so.. Like I said its fine." She said trailing her words off. 

I sighed and threw the apple away before walking to plop down on the couch. I looked up and looked at her before talking. 

"It's just caus-" I began to say but she cut me off.

"Just say it.. You don't trust me" she said looking me dead in my eyes. Is that it? I've been forcing myself to believe that she'd never cheat or be mislead. But could it really be that I just don't trust her?

"Your silence tells me all I needed to know Odell. I don't want this ring. You proposed to declare that I'm yours...but not for the right reasons. After six years I thought that you at-least trusted me and knew that I was yours. It's funny because today August bought me this dress just as a nice gesture, and you were the only person on my mind. I was going to wear it when I took you to dinner when Livi and I surprised you in a couple weeks in NY. But you couldn't even give me two weeks without doubting me. I'm done with this convo. Here LeLe" she said exhaling handing over the phone. 

I was at a loss for words.

"You're an idiot" Leigh said chuckling. "I know" I said rubbing my hands through my curls. 

"Well....I'm not sure what to say because she was totally right. But as long as you're still coming to my graduation in a couple weeks brother" Leigh said with a small smile.

"Of course." I said smiling. "Why are you even in Atlanta?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Jazmine was going to have Marlin make my dress for graduation. But I think he has to go back on tour in a couple days. So I'm just going shopping with her tomorrow, I got finals next week" Leigh said rolling her eyes. 

"But then you'll be done. I think you're going to love your graduation gift" I said smirking. 

"Oh I better. Brown interior" she said winking at me. I laughed and nodded my head. 

"I'm sure I can see if they can add brown interior to a hooptie" I said before bursting into laughter. She and I joked around for a bit before handing me the phone to Olivia.

"Daddy" she mumbled. She's sleepy. "Goodnight my Liv" I said blowing her a kiss.

She smiled with her eyes half open and tried to blow me one back.

"Girl you so silly. Goodnight Dell" Leigh said before hanging up.

This whole Jazmine thing is still bothering me, as it should. A huge part of me wanted to tell her that yes I proposed because I didn't want to chance losing her but at the end of the day... A ring doesn't signify commitment or loyalty because a ring can simply be taken off. I should have never doubted my baby.

Me: I love you Mrs. Beckham

Wifey: ily2.

Me: lol. Alright Jazmine, we can do this too then.

Wifey: K

Two can play that game. 

---

Okay, so to me this is kind of boring to me lol sorry but I had to split this chapter up! I really got work on how long my chapters be! But enjoy!!!!

comment/vote/add 

- Lou