Mystery?

Grayson had come over. We just sat on my bed talking. For what seemed like hours, but really it was about half a hour. He explained why he had left.

"I know I shouldn't be making up excuses, but I wanted to see if I could live without you," he looked at me. "What I realized, was I couldn't. I love you to much," I smiled at him.

***
"Grayson," I whined.

"What babe?"

"I'm tired."

"Well, I can leave," he started to get up.

"No, stay," I grabbed his arm. "Can't you just stay the night?"

He looked at me for a few seconds. "I guess. I'll do anything for you," I smiled at him.

"Yay," I cheered. "You can borrow some of Ethan's stuff," I told him.

He grabbed it, then laid down. I fell asleep in his arms.

***
I walked down the stairs to reveal my dad and Ethan huddled together

"She cannot fi..."

"She will find out eventually," Ethan spoke angrily.

I cleared my throat, " Umm, guys, what are you talking about?"

They sat up from their discussion when they heard my voice, "Uh, nothing, pumpkin,"

Ethan and Dad looked at each other. Then looked back at me. "Are you sure? Is there something you should tell me?"

They looked at each other again. This time, they seemed to be arguing silently. They both looked away, when Dad shook his head. Ethan nodded and smiled at me. It seemed forced. "We made you breakfast," my dad changed the subject.

I looked at Ethan for support, but all he did was smile nervously. Something was going on. I always make breakfast. "Thanks, guys. You didn't have to," they gave me a plate of food. "Did you guys make any for Grayson? Because he stayed over last night," my dad looked horrified. "Relax, nothing happened," I reassured the both of them.

"We can. Let's start. He can have mine if he comes down before we are done," my dad seemed to be rushed.

"Ok." There must be something wrong with Ethan. He has never been this quiet. That's the first word I have heard him say. Besides the whispering I heard a few moments ago.

***

I heard footsteps coming down the steps as I finished my delicious breakfast. I looked up to see a fully dressed Grayson heading down the stairs. He smiled when he saw me.

He looked at his watch, "Claire, why aren't you dressed? We have 30 minutes to get to school."

I suddenly realized what he meant. I ran upstairs just to be stopped by my dad. "Honey, you aren't going to school today. You get to stay at home," he smiled.

That was odd. Usually he doesn't let me stay at home. He wanted me to keep my grades as good as they are now. I walked downstairs to tell my boyfriend. "Grayson, you're staying at home with me today," I smirked.

He smiled "Yes ma'am," he saluted me.

I pulled his arm down, and pulled him in for a kiss. He smiled into the kiss. Making me smile too. "Well, since we are staying at home......"

"What?"

"Oh that was all," he smiled at the last part.

I playfully slapped his arm. He slapped back. We ended play fighting. We both ended up on the floor giggling. "Hello? Guys? What are you doing?"

I turned to see a confused Ethan. We both got up quickly. "Just making up lost time," I smiled innocently.

His eyes darkened. I didn't have much time to think about it, because they changed quicker than they appeared. "Why aren't you in the car?" He asked awkwardly.

"Me and Grayson aren't going to school," I informed him.

"Okay. I'm going home. I'm not going either. Bye, Clay," he rubbed his eyes then trudged to his own house. Not before nodding his head at Grayson.

I watched him leave, before I looked at Grayson and ran upstairs. We raced up there. Once we got up there, he told me he was going to go home. He was going to pick me up later. I don't really know why either. Only thing he told me, was to wear something that was formal. So, I hopped in the shower and washed myself from head to toe. I then got one of my new dresses. It was a simple black dress that came down to mid thigh length.

Once I got done putting on a little makeup, I was finally ready to go. I walked down the stairs, and knocked quietly on my dad's door. I didn't hear him answer, but I entered anyways. "Um, Dad. I am going to go out with Grayson," I spoke through the quietness.

He looked over at me for a second. A second to long. I saw his eyes through the dark. They were glowing, and they were yellow with slits were his pupils should be. My eyes widened. I turned around and fumbled with the door. I finally found the knob and twisted it. I ran out of his room before he could object. I closed his door back, then ran back upstairs. I got to my room, then slammed the door shut. I slid down the door, then put my hands to my face. Trying to take in all of what I just saw.

"What's wrong, babe?" Grayson startled me. He was sitting on my bed in a suit and tie.

I jumped a bit. "Grayson? Uh, nothing. I- I'm ready to go," I told him.

"Alright let's go," he jumped up off my bed, and brushed his suit off.

"You look rather ravishing," I told him in a British accent.

"You look lovely to, my lady," he said in the same accent.

He reached out for my arm, and I took it. We walked downstairs.