The Date

"How is your salad, Clarity," Grayson chirped in between bites of his food.

He had ordered chicken Alfredo at a fancy restaurant near us. "It is terrific, Gracie," I smiled at him.

His jaw clenched. "You know I can't stand you calling me that," I smiled at him and nodded.

***

About halfway through the meal, he had gotten a phone call, " Excuse me. I have to take this," he smiled then got up from the table.

I nodded. I watched him get up from the table, then briskly walk towards the door. He didn't go out of it, but he might as well had been. He seemed very bipolar. He would be angry for a split second, then he would smile and laugh. After a few minutes of mixed emotions, Grayson walked back to the table.

"Sorry. I had some business to take care of," he forced a smiled.

"Okay!" I said that not wanting to pry anymore than I needed to.

***

"I can't believe that you got us lost," I told Grayson as I got out of his car.

"I didn't mean to. I wanted to take you to this place, but I have only been there one other time," he admitted, getting out of the car too.

"Why didn't you at least make sure your car had enough gas?"

"I was a little pre-occupied," he said. His voice seems on getting louder and louder each time he speaks. "I think we can walk to where I want to go. It's a few minutes by foot. If you're still willing to go," he said quietly.

"What about your car?" I questioned.

"I can push it, while you steer," he said smiling.

"Fine. But only because you are adorable," I said.

"Okay great. I'll push the back, can you get in the drivers side?"

I trudged over to it. "Tell me the directions," I instructed him.

***

Sorry for the really short chapter. I am just in a rush to hurry up and finish it, so that you could read it. I have been super busy these past couple days so haven't had time to write.