Chapter 4: Unexpected Reunions

For the love that's all holy! I could almost swear that god just decided that I was living too good of a life and now wanted to make it difficult.

Instead of enjoying my life travelling, I am stuck here in my new dress uniform within the walls of  the majestic Wistal castle located right in the capital. With the gloomiest mood, I am now finally facing my new employer, his royal high prince Izana, who was actually in fact the 'Zen' who stole my fingerprint. I wanted to curse at all the ladies who actually praised him as the perfect prince.

Despite all the bitter feelings, I was actually glad to be reunited with my silvery haired pen pal, Zen, who I met while traveling near the borders. As expected of being blood related to Prince Izana, Zen's true identity was in fact Clarines's second prince.

My life seemed to have overturned just because of a damn contract. I had think that it was all but a bad joke, till Izana forced me into the carriage and rode all the way to the capital without stopping. To cut off every chance of escape, he  ordered Levy to bring me to my room immediately after dropping us at the castle's gate. The bedroom gave me a second blow since it was too luxurious for a mere aide. In fact, this room could be compared to my room back home, from its interior design down to its location. This room was located deep in the castle, which was the common resting area for royalties but not for their attendants. In the inside, the room was femininely decorated based on mainly pink and gold, from the bed frame, curtains down to the knobs on the dressers. There was a bedroom, study room and balcony. The soft large bed with its silk blanket and huge fluffy pillows located in the centre of the huge room could put me to sleep within seconds. While the heavy velvet curtains hung from the windows in every room could protect me from the loathing intense sunshine in the morning; the closet stretching across the southern wall would be almost empty since my clothes on hand would occupy less than half a quarter of the space. However it did not helped when the closet was already filled with clothes for every type of occasion. At first, I had assume those luxurious clothes belonged to the previous owner and was left forgotten till I realised that they were all coincidentally my size. It was ridiculous that I, a mere unwilling aide, was given a room fitted for a king or maybe a queen in this case.

"So let me get this straight," Rubbing my temples, as I tried to get everything sorted out in my mind. Everything was chaos, from the princes' identity to my employment. " You do not have a cousin with the name Zen and the person who 'hired ' me was actually the first prince?"

"Yes." Zen replied with a heavy sigh as the source of this whole problem was playing with a lily in his hands as though this was none of his concern. "But lord brother, I wished you would think twice before using my name."

Ignoring his younger Brother, Izana stalked across the room towards us. Now in his uniform, I could see why all ladies in Clarines would fall for him. He had a strong presence that no one could ignore and the charisma of a true leader. For the first time in my life, my heart twinge when I thought of the sudden distance placed between us and the familiarity we had during the short period had disappeared. The person who teased and drank with me was not the 'Zen' that I know but is the First Prince and future king of Clarines, Izana Wistaria.

My thoughts kept me so occupied that I did not realized that he was standing before me. Caressing my cheek gently with his fingertips, he bend towards my left ear to whisper a sentence that would hunt me in my sleep.

"You are mine now~"

"Lord Brother."

"You still here?"