Chapter 12: Happily Ever After

"Do you want to go on a date tomorrow?" I certainly did not expect my simple question could make someone's day. Izana had been grinning since morning and even Zen was totally creeped by his brother's action. I had also overheard from officials that the difficult prince was surprisingly easier to work with today. Snickering at the comments and gossips going around about his royal highness, I am also looking forward to our date tomorrow.

Sadly, it did not went as we planned since we actually forgot something important – coronation. As the ceremony is going to be held the day after, Izana's schedule became fully pack due to the high influx of guests. Being the host, he had the responsibility to have an audience with every single one of them. Not only was my first date was cancelled, the worst thing was that I could not find chance to skip this boring work, with Izana's sharp eyes on me.

I was given the role of the announcer where I had to call in every guest one by one and they will be granted a private audience with the future king in the main hall. From the long list, two names had caught my eyes and one was being my younger brother while the other one was... Lady Haki.

As people come and go, there were a few who gave their sincere blessings while there are those tried to use the chance to butter the future king up. To my embarrassment, my brother was grinning like an idiot when it was his turn. From the monthly report, it looks like everything was going well with his little lover. This is the first time I had since him this happy and somehow I understood that feeling after meeting Izana. With that, I am not in the position to tease him about his romance story. I am thankful though that he did not make any stupid mistake other than retarded grin. I shook my head heavily and was about to move on till I realized that I was on the last name on the list. The one person that I did not want to meet again.

"Lady Haki from Lyrias." As the repulsive name being called out, the heavy doors once again swung open and the blond vixen stepped in with her head held high. I have to admit that despite her shrewd personality, she look divine in her light baby blue gown.

Thankfully other than ignoring me, the meeting with her when well as we proceed to the next agenda. By the time we ended, the stars were already out and all of us were dead tired. With a heavy sigh, I counted the number of things that I left undone. From packing my belongings, submitting my resignation letter... I still had to wake up early for my last job tomorrow - the coronation ceremony.

"Luna." A soft whisper came from the pillars and I caught Izana motioning me to follow him. Without a word spoken, he led me though the silent forest with his warm hands wrapping mine. Although it is just my hands, I felt safe with him in this creepy forest with his firm hold. After a short hike, gasps escaped from me as my attention was captivated by the scene unfolded in front of me.

The beautiful lake cast a perfect replica of the full moon on its surface, and the water sparkled playfully under the luminous light as the cool nightly breeze blew. This picture in front of us looks like a picture that I would only see in famous paintings. I broke out of my fascination when my sulking guide squeezed my hand for my undivided attention to remind me of his royal presence.

Still not a word, he pulled me along the edge of lake and stopped in front of a picnic map that was left unnoticed by me. I only realize my nervousness from the silent tension when he released my sweaty hand. Leaving me standing, the blonde went ahead to make himself comfortable on the pink mat.

"Aren't you joining me?" Izana questioned with his hand hold out towards me and I had to a tough fight against the temptation to reach out for his hand. In the first place, he was already a charmer with his emotionless expression during office hours but now with the seductive smirk... I can swear that god is trying to test my limits... Instead of the conservative formal clothes he wore daily for his royal duty, he had to wear a plain button-down shirt with the top two buttons purposely undone. I had no complaints with the heat creeping up my face since the weather was warm these few days but my resolve diminished at the sight of his tone exposed chest.