Chapter 14: Friends Forever

Opening my eyes to find myself in a foreign room which I realised was one of the guest rooms as I pulled myself up slowly from the soft feather pillow. From my position, I could hear my brother and Izana's loud distanced voices. With a heavy sigh, my hands automatically rubbed my temples as it ached just at the thought of facing them soon. My mind is seriously not readily to handle their loud after being flooded by a sudden influx of images.

"I want to speak to her."

"She is not Lun-"

"I will recognise her even if she turns into dust." 

"She is resting-"

"I should be by her side!" Izana's voice boomed as he slammed opened the heavy door and both of them stopped their 'friendly' chat at the sight of me.

"Morning." Greeting with a small smile, the atmosphere suddenly turned awkward as they stared at me without blinking. Alexios's worried look was the total opposite from Izana's hopeful feeling and I knew they were wondering if I remembered anything.

"Luna..." Raising my hand to stop my brother, I watched on as the aloof king rushed to my bedside with a rare emotional expression on him. Cuddling my face gently as though I would shatter at the lightest touch, while his sapphire eyes bore into mine searching for signs of recognition.

"I am sorry, but I really don't remem-"

"I know," As though angry with the fact that I forgot about him, I could see the flame of determination burning in his eyes as he continued. "I will make you remember even if it is the last thing I do."

"King Izana," Two can play this game. Pushing him away mercilessly, I do not have the luxury to be tactful if I want to end it now. Taking a deep breath to erase all emotion on my face, I looked at him squarely in the eye with determination that would not lose to his. However my heart had been pounding loudly in my chest since the moment I felt his warm hands. "I am trying to say is that, what happened between us is already a thing in the past. There is no point in remembering memories that have no value for us. Now, you are the King of Clarines and I am the crown princess of your partner country, let's leave it at that."

"No way, I had let you go once but not anymore. You will fall in love with me again and it is not by choice."

"King Izana, I have my fiancée and you have Lady Haki." Ignoring the stabbing pain in my chest at his hurt expression, I nearly bite my tongue at the slight slip. "Please leave now, I dont want Louis to see a stranger in bed with me. Alexios, you out too. "

As soon as the door closes, I immediately escaped out of the window despite the heavy dress on me and landed safely in the quiet garden. I ran as fast as my legs could carry as my hair whipped against my face along with the wind. Damn it... I am such an idiot... I nearly slapped myself for that mistake but thankfully none of them realised it.

"Hush, hush don't cry anymore." A gentle voice caught my attention as I slowed down to only find a blond slender lady comforting a red hair bride who was crying her eyes out. Other than the wedding gown, the red hair lady fits the description of the second prince's bride based on the love story I heard. "You are going to smudge your makeup."

"Luna... She don't remember any of us at all..." Looks like the news of my amnesia had spread throughout the castle... With a sad smile, I hid behind a bush while looking on the two ladies with guilt. "I know I can't blame her... b-but how can she do this to us?"

"Having those memories in front of the guy she used to love is... "

"It was a misunderstanding..."

"They will have to settle it between themselves... Shirayuki... we really have to go now or else Zen will freak out." Coming out view after seeing their figure disappearing into the door. My mind was occupied with their conversation as I returned to my room to prepare for my dinner.

**My first time skip**

"Cyn..."

"Cynthia," Snapping out my thoughts, I gave the queen dowager a sweet smile while glaring at Alexios who was sitting opposite of me, for the painful kick. "Are you still feeling unwell?"

Shaking my head and thanking her concern, I forced my attention back to the conversation at the table. At this time, I was suppose to be in my room eating my dinner with my dashing fiancée and annoying brother. For some odd reason, my brother and I along with Louis was forced to join in this supposedly family members only dinner. Queen Haruto had actually dragged me out of my room and thus the awkward atmosphere. Instead of the newly weds who took over the seat at the head of table for today, everyone attention was on me and the two guys seated beside me. On my left is my legitimate fiancée and Izana settled down on my right. It did not help with the king spoiling the happy occasion with his sour mood and did not bother to dilute his hostility towards Louis which only fuel Haki's jealousy and my brother's amusement.

"Cynthia dear" I am again more than happy to give the queen dowager my full attention as her gentle voice called out for me once again. "I heard from your mother that you are talented in singing, do you have one to commemorate this occasion?"

"I don... Yes, I do in fact have one." I could feel Alexios's eyes widened in shock at my reply, knowing fully well that I hate performing in public. However I know that this one request I could not turn down, especially after seeing the bride's swollen eyes.

Pushing back the chair as I took a step back from the table, this is the first time I felt this nervous. I could feel all eyes one me as I was about to start my song.

Author's recommendation is to play the song attached above while reading the lyrics~

I always knew from the start these words could fade
They're spinning round every day just like my heart
'Cause all I want to convey
These precious words I wanna say
You're with me
But I'm lost in the story

Wanna believe
So if I breathe
Wishing all our hopes and our dreams stay with me
Forever they'll soar

At this point, the bride was again sobbing but with a wide grin on her face at the same time as realisation hit her husband and his two aides. Zen and Mitsuhide were gaping at me and this was my first time seeing Kiki's pretty eyes this wide. Taking a deep breathe, I am going to fullfil the promise that I made on the day we left Lyrias. I will finish the song at your wedding... As my present to both of you...

Tell me, can't you see?

I'm waiting at the place we used to meet
From your heart to mine, I'll draw the line
And stay by your side
I will reach for you
Today'll be the day we find our happy ending
I'm not alone, cause when you smile I know I'm home

Always
Forever

Yup, my memories are back... The thought ran though me as I finishing of the last note of the melody...

Author's Note 
For your information, this song does not belong to me. It belongs to SimplySpiral, go and subscribe her channel~ https://www.youtube.com/user/SimplySpiral
A round of applause to those who actually stick to the end of this chapter...
To be very honest... I have got no idea what I am writing anymore...
Oh well, but thank you for reading this... This crappy chapter 😁