Chapter 15: Truth

Sighing at the taste of freedom as the wind mischievously played with my hair, I had a hard time escaping from the King's sharp eyes. This hidden balcony was my quiet oasis from the intense festive atmosphere. Alexios had persuaded Louis to accompany me but the latter seemed to be occupied with Jinny, with his eyes obviously set on the adorable secretary since the start of the banquet. So as a dignified princess, I left himself to his thoughts since I want some alone time too.

Tightening the cloak to protect myself from the chilly wind, I finally got down to business. There were so many oddities since I entered the castle from the tense atmosphere between Zen and his older brother and Obi's absence. I mean, as if Obi will actually want to skip out the wedding ceremony of his dear master.

"Aren't you going to join the others?" The warm breath caressing my ear jolted me out of train of thoughts and I instinctively turned to find myself staring into the familiar blue orbs. Despite knowing the cramp space, he continue moving closer to me till I was sandwich between the balcony and his toned chest.

"King-"

"Your memory came back, didn't it?" His arms snaked around my waist and pulled me close to him till our bodies were practically sticking to each other.

Memory, memory, memory! "No, it didn't. Why are you so obsessed with me when you have Haki by your side?!" I went out bursting before my rational mind could control my emotions. Is it that important?! Did he really want me to remember the stab of betrayal he gave me?

"... Are you jealous?" His face crept closer to mine as a lopsided smile stretched across, obviously pleased with my reaction. ... Damn it... "Now I wish that fiancée of yours can hear that. Maybe he will stopped following you everywhere after listening to it."

"N-" *CLANG* A loud clashing sound came directly from Izana and we turned to only find Obi holding back an assailant with his sword.

"Long time no see, Princess." Pushing the assailant back effortlessly, the cat eye lad turned to give me a wink before kicking the intruder down. "Your elder highness... I believed that I told you not to let your guard down."

"Look at me, I must have forgot about it." With a light chuckle and a light hit of his forehead, Izana causally laughed it off without a hint of remorse. "but you will be here to protect me, won't you? Since it is your dear master's orders."

I looked at them back and forth to understand the subject of their supposedly laid back conversation as a whole bunch of attackers suddenly swarmed in. At first it seemed like they were attacking the two gentlemen but they seemed to change the target to me at a high pitch yell. Soon, I joined the fight with a sword that I prepared under the heavy dress and the elegant ballroom turned into a bloody mess.

"Aren't you the blonde at the championship?" A familiar voice came from my opponent, I staggered as realization hit me. The messy dry brown hair and the buff build...

"You are..."

"Ha! I will repay whatever I had suffered at the competition." Grizzly bear immediately took the chance to pushed me down to the floor and my sword flew away in an instance. Raising the merciless blade above his head, I squeezed my eyes shut for the ending hit.

"Isaac!" The loud feminine yell burst into my ear and before I could peeked to see, I felt a painful grip on the roots of my hair. "Don't kill her... yet. Bring her here!"

Damn... This bastard's strength is huge... no matter how I struggle, there was no hint of him weakening his grip.

I could hear Izana's yelling at Obi to save me but all of us knew, even for Obi, it will take some time to fend off the attackers. Before I could do anything else, the damn grizzly bear shoved me to the ground on knees and moved his tight grip to my neck instead.

*tap* *tap* A pair of blue silk heels soon appeared before my eyes and a cold hard surface could be felt grazing my cheek. The hem of the luxurious dress floored before me as the lady lowered herself before me.

"Such elegant features... Who would have thought you are a princess..." Haki's pleasant voice was unusually creepy and the menace in her voice could not be anymore obvious. "If the accident had gone well, this face will not have appeared in front of me again."

"Accident?"

"That's right, your majesty. She was supposed to be a pitiful woman who died with a broken heart in an unfortunate accident... but who would have thought she only had amnesia."

"HAKI! WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Izana's roar stunned everyone in the room including the lady in question, I could feel all eyes including the grizzly bear's were on her.

"Why?!" Izana's yell snapped her sanity and vented her anger with a stomp on my open back. "Why is it always her?! After she abandon you, I was the one who stay and supported you."

"Haki... It seemed that you did not remember what I said that night." Izana's voice soften in pity as my ears perk up at the mention of the night that he had a chat with her. The same night when my heart was broken... "For now and forever, she will be the only one in my heart and even if she leaves me, I will wait for her till the end of time."

"Then prove your love for her here and now." The icy voice sent a chill down my spine as the dagger dipped into my cheek causing tickles of blood. "I will give you a choice now. You have to let me kill you or ...she can take your place instead."

"Izana! Don't be an idiot!" For the first time in my life, my eyes watered as the fear sets in me. Fear that he will be idiot who will really readily give up his life f-

"DON'T YOU DARE!" My blood turned cold along with my tears gushing down my cheeks as he actually nodded in agreement with the lunatic. Without tearing my eyes away from him, I could only helplessly watched him as his lips moved every so slightly to tell me his final words.

With that silent words and a spice of miracle, I was able to push my confused captor and dashed towards the execution area as the sword was swung down.

"LUNA!!!"

Izana's desperate yell echoed the hall as I felt the cold tip of the sword mercilessly entering my chest, right at the moment I pushed the fair-haired prince out of the way with all my strength. The words he mouthed to me flashed across my mind as I caught a glimpse of his worried face before my conscious abandoned me.

Sorry, Luna... I love you... If there is ever a next life, let's meet again...

But I guess I did not have the chance to send the words back to him.

Maybe next time.

Author's Note

This chapter is finally done~ I hope this meet all of your expectations...
Of course, if it sucks just drop a comment...