Chapter 13: Wedding Invitation

I promise you will all my heart, that I will love you and only you.

Lies...

Sister...

So will you please be my queen?

No... No...

Sister!

"NO!!!" My eyes flew open as my body continued vibrating from Alexios's vigorous shaking and nearly turned deaf from his yelling. Looking around frantically, I heaved a sigh of relief at the sight of my office and quickly composed myself, before facing the worrywart. "So what brings you here, my baby brother?"

"Are you-"

"I am used to it already." Sending him an icy stare, he finally gave up and handed over a heavy envelope that was obviously not cheap.

"There is a wedding invitation from Clarines addressed to you."

"Wedding invitation?"

"Yes," Alexios replied as I examined the heavy envelope. On it was indeed the royal seal of Clarines, oddly it looked nostalgic as though I had seen them frequently before. On the other hand, I must have seen it on the past party invitations sent by them. "The prince is getting married next month and they wanted you to grace the occasion with your presence."

"... But I dont remember being acquainted with any of them, unless it was during that time." Picking up the heavy envelope, I stared at it in concentration but nothing about the royalty in Clarines came up in my mind. At this rate, it looks like my memory of my time in Clarines will never return.

That's right... Due to the accident, I am now suffering from amnesia and the only thing that was wiped off from my memory was the time I spent in Clarines. I was already back home when I regained conscious, and no one was willing to tell me about the missing piece of my memory. The clues that I had were a beautiful royal blue cloak that I adored instantly and an ID tag issued by Wista Castle, which hinted hinted my stay in the castle for a significant period of time. Not forgetting that mysterious guy who just appeared in front of me...

However all in all, I had no complaints about the memory loss since it was already a miracle for my brother and I to survive the fall off the cliff. Most importantly, if that memory was so easily forgotten it must not be an important time of my life.

"If you don't want-"

"Fine, I will go."

"Don't force yourself," Frowning at the invitation, I knew that my baby brother would want to burn the invitation if possible. Ever since my return, he banned everyone from mentioning the name of our neighbour. "I can go in your stead."

"Nah its fine, I could use a little break." Dropping the invitation back to its position, I brushed him off easily with the excuse that I knew he will bite. Reason being that he had been nagging at me to take a break from being a workaholic. Furthermore a small part of my heart wants to go to the foreign yet nostalgic country and something tells me that I will regret it if I were to miss this wedding.

Soon the day to depart came in a blink of an eye, and now we could see the Wista Castle appearing in sight. My dear maid, Alice dressed me in a beautiful emerald dress that matches my eyes while my raven hair was left flowing down my waist and my tiara fitted perfectly on the top of my head. However my mental state was not up for the occasion at all, thanks to the strange dreams I had since on the day we received the invitation.

The vivid dreams revolved around the same blond guy but in different scenes. From our first meeting, picnic dates, proposal and separation... They felt so real as though it had actually happened to me and I would wake up almost crying every time. It got to the extend where my mind would wander off to the prince like gentleman during my working hours. He was the most attractive being I had ever seen, from his luscious golden hair, his sparkling sapphire orbs, his cocky smile down to his perfect build. It was as though a part of me kept hinting that I will regret forgetting about him. Damn... Who is he? Pain started spreading in my head, as the guy's resurfaced in my mind once again.