Chapter 7: Troubled Confession

"Wait! I can explain- Ouch- My wrist!" And why do I need to explain? That Alexios is my brother? God I am such a... Mentally cursing at the turn of events, everything turned disastrous after Izana appeared on the balcony and seeing me in Alexios's clothes only fueled his anger. Both of us were stunned by the blond prince's sudden intrusion and from the raging flame that was burning in his eyes. Jerking back into reality by the pain from his grip, I struggled futilely against Izana's firm grasp as he dragged me out of Alexios's room. With his back facing me, I could feel his anger was still flaring fiercely just from the strength in his grip and his anger had this whole scenario irritatingly déjà vu. The icy glares that Izana sent every time he sees me with Alexios, feel as though I am having adultery with my own brother. However despite knowing that I was not in the wrong, guilt would oddly still come to me because of the hints of hurt in his icy gaze.

Without relaxing his grip, we continued to walk in silence and eventually stopping in front of a familiar bedroom door. Before I could speak, the fair-hair prince entered his room with me still in tow and finally freeing my bruised wrist. Taking the chance to tend to my wrist, darkness clouded me abruptly as a soft fabric block my sight. Awkwardly holding out the shirt that was thrown over me, I stared at Izana in confusion only to see him busy with his documents.

"Start working on these documents on the table after changing into that."

"... I don't see the need to change." Taking a deep breathe before refusing him, I was unsure if it was a wise choice since nothing could be detected from his poker face. Without throwing a glance at my direction, he began moving documents to his bed from his table and I was about to assist him till he spoke.

"Do you want me to personally change it for you?" With that, I cowardly conceded to his command while mentally cursing at this bossy prince. Knowing him, he meant what he said and will have no complaints in fulfilling his words.

Tugging the oversize shirt nervously, it was my first time wearing a man's clothes other than my brothers' and his distinct fragrance emitted from the shirt heightened the jitters. Ignoring the butterflies in my stomach, I began my paperwork quietly as my master read reports in his bed. No voice spoke a word as both of us did not want to break this comfortable yet delicate atmosphere.

"I'm done, your highness." I finally settled the final document and gave my self a nice stretch as I was about to retire to my room.

"Okay, come and rest now." Having said that, he immediately began shifting his heavy red blanket to make space.

"Excuse me?"

"I said to come and rest."

"'Come' as in there?" I pointed at the bared spot next to him on the bed to confirm once again, thinking that I must have misheard him.

"Yes, here!" Izana answered in frustration as though I was making a big fuss out of nothing and not realising that I HAVE my own room. "I am not allowing you to leave my room tonight."

"But I-"

"Don't force me to carry you to bed myself." Looking at his fuming face, it looks like he was still angry with me being in Alexios's room. I surrendered and made myself comfortable under the covers while maintaining a distance from the prince. Reflecting the today's events, I realized that his influence on me is growing and before its too late, I really need to distance myself from him. With that in my mind, I decided to sneak back to my own room after he turn in.

Time seemed to crawl as I could hear the grandfather clock in the hallway ticking the minutes away. Finally I felt some movement as the lights went off but instead of lying down, the mattress bounced slightly as though someone had gotten up. Still with my eyes close, I felt someone lifting my wrist for a massage and the scent of ointment reminded me of the bruising I had. After a relaxing massage, the kind soul ended it with a kiss on the back of my hand and the bed sunk slightly again from the weight as he laid back.