Extra: Her

"Sister, are you okay?" Alexios asked me the umpteen times since we passed the Clarines's borders. After assuring him once again, my attention returned to the beautiful sunset as my mind went back to the coronation ceremony that just ended. Everyone had thought that I had left before it began but I actually stayed to watch the whole thing.

Flashback

Standing in the secluded alley a far cry from the neighboring plaza where loud thunderous cheers from the celebrating crowd could be heard, I remained hidden in the shadows of the buildings as Izana stood on the balcony to his people with his brother and mother. Only the queen dowager was waving with her face full of smiles, while her sons especially the new king were smiling tightly as though this was not where he wants to be.

Even though it was well hidden, I could still see the desperation in his eyes despite the joyous occasion. Somehow this slightly amused me despite my situation, since Izana had always looked aloof about everything and that hint of desperation actually proved that he was not as perfect as people had thought. Perhaps the pressure of the crown must have finally hit him but I am sure everything will go smoothly for him since she will be there for him.

As though fate wanted to rub salt in my wound, Lady Haki just had to come out to the balcony at that moment. Looking elegant and beautiful as usual, she had her hair up in a crown and a beautiful light green dress for this grand occasion. She gracefully stepped beside and held onto Izana arms proudly flaunting the special bond she had with the new king. Zen looked at her with hidden disgust and I could only watched on with jealousy as the scene unfold in front of me. The mumbles around me about the beautiful couple did not lighten the jealousy in me, though I knew that I did not have the right to be jealous since that position was meant to be hers.

Tugging the cloak around me that I willfully took, it was the only thing that I do not bear to return. Even if his words and promises were lies, I want to believe that when he gave this to me, there was at least a tinge of love in it. My gaze reluctantly tear away from the beautiful yet painful scene as Alexios's voice rang out from the other side of the alley to remind me that it was the time to leave.

Caressing my jet black hair that was once blond into a ponytail, I quickly pulled the hood over my head to evade any attention. A slight commotion from the crowd caught my attention when I was about to take my leave, and my eyes unconsciously returned to the balcony. Everyone's eyes was on the younger prince who was leaning against the balcony with his hands were gripping the rails tightly, and his anxious azure orbs bored into mine. My eyes started to sting from happiness, knowing that at least I would not be forgotten. Holding the tears in, I gave Zen a last grin and a peace sign and without turning back, I ran into the dark alley where my carriage was waiting for me. I could feel my tears gushing down my cheeks once again as I stepped into the carriage.

Flashback end

"Pri-princess!!!" Leaning to the driver's window at the sound of the driver's muffled voice, I was about to ask what happen when my blood turned cold at the sight of his corpse.

"GET OUT NOW!!!" Pulling my brother with me, I yelled at the others as the carriage drove off the cliff. Wrapping Alexios protectively in my embrace, we went falling at a ridiculous speed towards the lake below. Bracing myself for the fall, water immediately enveloped me and a pain erupted at the back of my head throwing me into unconsciousness.

Author's Note
I just realized it but why didn't I write the two extras together in one chapter... hm...
Anyway, another impromptu chapter... I seriously hope that this two chapters make sense...