Chapter 5: An Awkward Lunch Party

Morning was busier than usual due to Prince Raj's visit and we attendants were buzzing around. Since  Izana had to accompany him around, his work were passed on to us. I was able to learn the ropes of the job within a day since I had related experience.
However the first prince did not make our job easier because just for a mere signature, we had to comb the whole castle for him. When I was about to give up on my search for him, I finally found him having a sword fight practice with his younger brother. From their conversation, I was able to catch a few parts but it seemed to be about Zen's feeling for Shirayuki. Decided to give them their privacy, I put off the work for now and started preparing for the party.

The morning passed quickly and the music from the party location came floating to my ear before realisation. In my dress uniform, I hurriedly made my way to the party location to only see Izana and his younger brother chatting to the guest of honor cum my former suitor, Prince Raj. As a polite aide of the host, I walked towards them with my back straighten and a friendly smile pasted on my face.

"It's a pleasure to see you again, Prince Raj" Straightening my back and putting on my best smile, I greeted the guest with familiarity as soon as our eyes met. In returned, Prince Raj cast me a horrified look while my master eyed both of us suspiciously.

"Are you acquaintances, Luna?" Izana's blue orbs narrowed suspiciously as Prince Raj continued staring at me in confusion.

"Not mere acquaintances, but I also had the honor of being courted by him. Please go ahead and correct me if I was mistaken, Prince Raj?" Keeping my eyes on our flamboyant guest of honor, I replied without casting a glance at Izana, while being engross in our guest's nervous reactions. With a smug smile I waited for his answer, unconsciously neglecting my employer.

"*Cough*Long time no see, Ms Luna." Ignoring my question, he nodded and stared intently at my hair. "I must apologize to you."

"I wouldn't blame you for it, since my hair was black when we met," He seemed to relax a little, seeing that I did not continue on the topic. "Since you did try to kidna- I mean courted me because of my hair."

"Is that so?" In a fluid movement, Izana positioned himself between us with an unwavering glare causing Prince Raj to shiver from the overwhelming gaze. His strong jaw was set in annoyance and his fist was clenched so tightly that it was plain obvious that the guest was infuriating Izana from his mere presence. Oddly although the whole scene was supposed to be amusing, these small actions from Izana warmed my heart.

"No, you have mistaken." Removing my gaze from the blond prince, I turned to only see Prince Raj denied in fluster as sweat began to form his forehead despite the cool weather. His next move surprised me as the arrogant prince bowed deeply to me and actually apologized for his past behaviors and actions. Whispers surrounded us immediately at the Prince Raj's bizarre action.

"It seemed that Shirayuki had changed you for the better." I smiled seeing that he held his breath as I teasingly whispered close into his ear. "Good job"

"I-I changed to make myself more perfect." Prince Raj did a spin and finished it with a dramatic pose without making eye contact with me. "And not for someone else's sake."

"I see..." I smirked as he sipped his drink nervously with trembling hands. It was as clear as day that Shirayuki had an influence on Prince Raj, at least more than Zen wanted.

"*Cough* and regarding to your question just now, Prince Izana. I doubt I am able to bring Shirayuki back." He changed the subject quickly, despite not settling down his nerves. But his statement caught my immediate attention, it seemed that Izana was really trying to separate Zen and Shirayuki. No wonder, Zen had a dark look throughout the conversation. However Prince Raj's following statement caused me to choke on my drink. "It seems that Prince Zen sees Shirayuki as his fiancée."