41: Bad News [SPN]

#DEAN-WINCHESTER

Pairings: Dean x Reader
Status: Couple

Storyline: You were out of town for a while and when you came back you had bad news waiting for you.

"Dean, hey. Yeah, I'm here soon, I'm on 5th and Cedar Road. Okay, later." You end the conversation and speed down the road, anxious to get home and see Bobby with the boys.

Dean was sitting on the couch with Sam pacing in the back. "You have to tell her, I can't do it and it's your job."

"What do you mean my job? It's 50/50." Dean says, Sam didn't hesitate to send him fire.

"Yeah, well she's your girlfriend." Before Dean could say anything else you parked in your father's driveway.

"Hey guys, I'm home!" You yell entering the small house.

Dean and Sam soon appeared with empty faces. Dean wraps his arms around you and kisses your lips. You hugged Sam and then search the room.

"Where's my Bobby? I thought he'd be here when I came back."

"Y/N, I have something important to tell you." You look at Dean confused but nod. He leads you out to the porch. You sit on the rocking bench and make room for him but he decides not to sit.

"What is it? I can feel the tension between you and Sammy. And, where the hell is Robert?"

"Y/N, Bobby isn't with us anymore," Dean said too fast for you to understand.

"Come again?"

He sighs, "Bobby is dead. I'm sorry."

You heard right the first time. Tears ran down your face, thinking about how he could've died. Dean was on the other side leaning on a pillar. He looks at you with sympathy. You turn your head and refuse to look at your boyfriend's face.

"How, and who?"

"Bullet in the temple. Dick. We were chasing him, and Bobby had this crazy plan. It was genius but he got a hold of us and it went so fast. I swear to you I would've done something if I knew he'd be shot."

Seeing Dean break down was new to you. The last time you saw him cry was when his father died. And, now his second father. Bobby was his family too. You stood up and walk over to him. "You couldn't do anything. No one could. When I took this job I knew people I love would die. And, I have to accept that. This, this is part of the job." You choke out the words. It was hard to say them but you had to.

"You're okay with it?"

"Dean, how can I not? I mean, I'm going to die one day and so are you. Death is around us. I'm just thankful that when I wake up I know you're still breathing next to me."

Tears were still running down your face. "I just hope Bobby is in a better place now." Dean engulfs you in a hug. "I love you, Dean."

"I love you too Y/N. We'll figure something out, okay?" He looks at you and kisses your forehead before walking back inside to meet Sam.

You look up at the sky. "I love you too dad."

Little did you know, Bobby was watching you.

"I love you too little girl, I'll be watching you."