Chapter 19

Chapter 19

=============

She was fuming. And basically, her nose flared, uttered a shocked gasped, wanted to protest- everything in her system wanted to protest- but words can't form from her mouth except a hard NO, and she came flying and stomped out of that office.

Not happening! Ever! She muttered as her hands balled to a fist.

There is no way she's going to stay in that arrogant, egotistical, and unemotional idiot's place! And the nerve of the guy! He just uttered his famous grunt 'hn' with a blank expression.

In a matter-of-fact- bored tone!

She just arrived in Konoha, just arrived for godsakes! She was expecting a great reunion with friends, was planning to visit all of her colleagues and senseis, and to relinquish herself with all the times she had missed. And yet, here she was! The first day and it was already hell!

She never thought she would meet Sasuke on her very first day in Konoha. She really thought he was with Naruto and belonged to the team who was sent to Suna. She was placid and was confident enough coz that was what she thought! Great! She should have asked and confirmed it to Ten-ten or Neji before she entered the gates! But then, that would obviously mean, she was checking up on him didn't she?

She was breathless when she saw him, air knocked out from her lungs. Fear, excitement, expectation, longing, and a whole bunch of emotions all slammed into her. And yet, all he did was to look at her for a mere two seconds and then none. NONE! 

As if it was just a normal occurrence to see her. Like how he sees a thing or an object. INSIGNIFICANT. There was no 'hi", or 'hello', or even a slight bow just to indicate a small greeting. NONE. He even seemed to give her a slight twitch of that lovely mouth of his. A smirk? Or was that just her imagination? God, those lips. She still remembered how those lips devoured her. 

Okay, reality check Sakura! What are you doing thinking about those things? Shit, she thought. She wanted to punch herself. That irked her to the core. She wanted to punch him. 

But all she could do was to look at him as if she was throwing sharp daggers at him with the message 'How ya doin' you bastard, it's been 5 years since we last saw each other and now you're giving me the cold shoulder?'

He never glanced at her in that room again. He kept his eyes towards the Hokage. She did that too, but on her peripheral, she was intently looking at him...She wanted to strangle him....and to embrace him at the same time.

Her heart was beating madly in her chest. She was nervous because this was the first time in all of those years when they last saw each other. She was sad because it seemed that he just doesn't care...like what he did all those years when they were still young. She was angry because, after all of those promises she made to herself, after all of those years she had trained to make her heart stronger, just one look at him, and all of those flew away.

She still loved him.

And she was hurting all over again.

She tried her very best to act normal. To look normal. But inside, she was a storm of conflicting emotions. Many times, she clenched her teeth, and she wasn't actually listening to Tsunade. And when Tsunade said that she will be staying in the Uchiha's house, he didn't even flinch! He just said 'Hn' like a snort, bordering between a grunt and something like an amusement. She didn't get if he had said yes or no. Well, no one ever gets what he means when he's like that.

Not that it matters.

Her plan was to avoid him at any cost, as in really avoiding him when she's in Konoha. Like, PRETEND he was not in Konoha, and that he didn't exist. She could do that. But that proved to be a fatal task to do.