Chapter 26

Chapter 26

------------

She had never been shocked in all of her life, never been devastated, and never been miserable all in one. How was this possible? When did it happen? She had been with Sasuke since Hebi was formed, yet why didn't she know about this?

Sasuke had a child.

That single fact leaves a bitter taste on her mouth. Worst of it was that the child was Sakura's. Pinky!

Pinky had an intimate moment with her Sasuke? WHEN? She thought Sasuke had nothing to do with his former team, more or less when it comes to Pinky? How the hell did it all happen?

Karin, gripped the edge of the table. It hurts. It really hurts inside. She wanted to cry, she wanted to shout.

Sakura and Sasuke's child.

Their daughter.

She thought she already had an edge when it comes to Sasuke. But now this?

Had Sasuke been aware? Of course he's not. If he was, he would have already acknowledged it, then everyone in Konoha will know about it. Sasuke was kind of a celebrity, everyone was waiting for his next move and his next plan. Everyone was waiting for him to finally settle down and know the lucky woman who'll become the new Uchiha matriarch. And everyone was waiting for the next line of little Uchihas.

It seems Pinky don't have any plans to tell the Uchiha either. Would that mean the child was not planned at all? A one intimate mistake and that Sasuke was not aware of it? So, Sakura did not expect this as well wasn't she? That's why she didn't tell the Uchiha! Then what was she's planning? Why won't she tell Sasuke? This was her chance to finally capture the elusive Uchiha right? I mean, if she's on her shoes, when she'd learned she'll bear an Uchiha, she would take up that chance to tie up Sasuke to her.

Without any second thought.

Sasuke had a daughter.

So much has been running on her mind.

"Karin, let's go. I have all the documents here...are you alright?" Kotetsu asked, looking at her.

She must have looked pale to him and was on a deep thought. Karin acted her best to look normal.

"Ah, yeah. I haven't eaten breakfast yet so I was kinda hungry. Is this all the papers we need?" she asked, feigning ignorance. Kotetsu nodded, then leading the way out of the Archives. The red-head followed him.

Karin reached the Hokage tower and handed the blueprints to the Hokage silently, which seemed a bit odd to Tsunade. Usually, Karin would scowl and whine, its her usual forte, but today she seemed a bit pale and lethargic. Had she inhaled all the dust in the Archives?

"You alright?" Tsunade raised a brow asking her.

"I am totally fine, Tsunade-sama," Karin indignantly said, lifting her nose in the air while adjusting her glasses. "I'm just a bit hungry, I'll go grab something to eat then I'll deliver these to Sasuke," she said.

"Okay," Tsunade answered without lifting her eyes. She's already busy scribbling notes on a scroll.

Karin bowed slightly and silently exited the room, clutching a few papers. When she was a few meters away from the Hokage room, her right hand went to her jacket's pocket...and she hold tightly to that little green scroll.

Her mind was working on things to do. But first things first...she wanted to see the little girl.

SxS