Chapter 23

Chapter 23

----------

Everyone was heading their way towards the door, ready to work on their assigned mission but Sakura kept on standing there, her eyes focusing on her feet as if she had found something interesting on her toes.

"What are you still doing here Sakura?" Tsunade asked her. Honestly, the Godaime already had a hint or had an idea what's bugging her apprentice all of a sudden. She noticed it the moment the pinkette suddenly paused with mouth agape. It was her tag-team mission with the Uchiha. And she knows her apprentice will do everything to appeal to her to amend her decision. But this mission was important and they must work it out somehow. They must set aside any feelings and emotions. She knows the mednin knew that as well. It is nothing personal, it's all for the mission.

"Uhm..." Sakura looked at the Hokage who're now wearing her glasses and was already busy scribbling something on her parchments, "...can I talk to you for a minute?"

"The decision is final Sakura Haruno. What I have given to you as your mission cannot be changed. You might question the decision but to answer that, it is to balance the power among the four of you. I also have Sai join you once he returned from his mission but I highly doubt that he will be able to finish his own assigned mission soon, " she looked up at her fidgeting apprentice and paused for second, "Anymore questions?"

Sakura paused for a while then with disappointed face, she softly shook her head.

"Good, dismiss!" the Godaime barked.

The pinkette exited the door and saw that Naruto, Shikamaru and Sasuke were waiting for her outside. It was Naruto who approached her first.

"What did you talked with Baa-chan?" Naruto inquired.

Sakura shook her head and gave him a smile, "Hmn, nothing," then she looked at Sasuke with same smile, "Goodluck to us, Sasuke-kun," she meant it, in both ways...well, to herself particularly.

The dark-haired Uchiha just looked at her with his smoldering obsidian eyes. He was leaning on the wall then decided to walk towards her and grabbed her wrist, "I need to talk to you,"

Sakura gasped. She felt it. Just his touch and she felt a tremendous electricity run through body. It's like he was giving her a low voltage Chidori. It's a tingling sensation she can't described. She felt a delicious sensation run through her body and its giving her goosebumps. Her heartbeat became erratic. Though at that moment she already noticed he was gripping her wrist with no gentleness, but still... "E-eh?"

Sasuke did not answer, he walked and went passed Naruto, bumping him as he marched off still grabbing her arm. All Naruto could do was be astonished on what he's seeing and looked at them walked off as he stood there asking what had happened. Why was Sasuke being aggressive all of a sudden? Shikamaru just smirked.

SxS

What is wrong with him? Sakura thought. Sasuke was still dragging her, his big hands on her slim wrist. He was walking a bit fast so she had to jog-walk sometimes. There were out in the Hokage Tower area now and she had no idea where he's taking her or what he wants.

"S-Sasuke, where are we going? What do you need from me?" she asked. She looked in front of her and all he could see was his back. She quietly run her eyes towards the man's back. After five years, this was the closest she could get from him. He's really tall, his shoulders wide, his arm lean and strong and the hand that holds her wrist was big and rough. He was wearing his usual white kimono with the crest of the Uchiha visibly printed on his back. How she wanted to run her fingers and traced the Uchiha clan's symbol on his back. She swallowed. Damnit! She had to regulate the erratic beat of her heart.