Chapter 8 ~ True Power

Jay's P.O.V

It has been a few days since I first shifted and the day the moon goddess spoke to me about the upcoming war, and since then everyone has been training. And I mean everyone. There's not a person in the pack that is not doing their part, well expect for the children. I have upped my training hours as I now need to learn how to fight in wolf form.

It's great being a wolf.

At first shifting between human and wolf hurt like hell, but now it comes to me naturally and there's not an ounce of pain. It's great! My whole pack still can't get over the colouring of my wolf. Completely black, black as night with flecks of dark red in my fur and ice blue eyes with specks of yellow and orange.

In my training I have been learning how to fight in my wolf form. Penny makes me run obstacle courses and commands random members of the pack to fight me when I least expect it. One time I was asleep in my room like everyone else and then next thing I know I was being tackled out of my bed and landing on the hard wooded floor. To say I was angry would be putting it lightly. I was furious. Everyone in this pack knows that I don't like to be disturbed whilst I'm sleeping, and Penny should know better.

But what happened next shocked everybody. I was on fire, literally. My whole body was engulfed in flames. I remember staring down at the wolf that had been commanded to attack me, in his eyes all I could see was complete and utter fear. His eyes looked like a deer caught in head lights. The look in his eyes made me frightened myself and when I looked down at my heads I started to panic. Fire, red, yellows and oranges all swirling around my body. When I was on a full blown panic attack, Penny stormed into the room with the triplets.

"Jay dear you need to calm down," Penny said gently.

"B-b-but I don't know how to make it go away!"

"Just picture yourself without the flames."

So I did what she said. I closed my eyes tightly together an imagined myself without the flames, sure enough the temperature in the room dropped. I opened my eyes and glanced down at myself and thankfully saw that I was back to normal. The fire was gone.  I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Well... That was interesting" Penny said breaking the silence, "looks like I'm going to need to call in for some help."

And Penny did indeed call for some help. Shortly after my outburst a man named David appeared at our doorstep and he took over my training. He told me that he had trained others like me in the past and he knew what he was doing. So with my new trainer at hand, I learned how to control my fire. I learned to create fire balls, how to make a certain part of my body become engulfed in flames, fire tornado's and many other awesome things. But my true test was soon to come.

~*~

"Jay! Get your ass down here!" Penny shouted from downstairs. I groaned and rolled out of bed. I don't know what's up with her these days, everyday she has been on my case and as much as I love her, she was starting to get one my nerves.

I got out on bed and rubbed my eyes to get rid of the sleepy dust.

"Now Jay!"

"I'm coming, give a girl time to wake up!" I back at her. Not wanting to anger her more, I quickly threw on a black tank top, dark blue shorts and put my hair up into a messy ponytail. I rushed out of my room, down the stairs and into the kitchen where I found an angry looking Penny.

"What's up?" I asked.

"You're late for your training, again."

Really is that what has crawled up her butt?

"I know Pen, and I'm sorry but I'm just really tired." I said making my voice tired and giving her the puppy sad look.

"Do not give me that face! You know I don't like that face!" She said, with a full blown smile.

"Haha! You smiled, now I'm off!" I quickly ran from the room and into the back garden.

"Damit!" She shouted. "Jay get back here."

I just ignored her and kept running. At the forest line I shifted into my wolf and ran off deep into the forest. I let the wind brush my fur as I ran; I never knew what I was missing until I shifted.

Hours passed as I continued to run through the forest and I was beginning to get tired. I came to a stop at a lake that separated my pack from the human side of the forest. When I first came here I found out that the generation before us built the river to protect the humans from rouges. And I've got to say it seems to have worked, as no humans have been harmed since. 

I dipped my head and took a drink from the river. The coldness of the water soothed my aching throat. I sat at the river for a little while, regaining my breath when a scent hit my nose. I breathed it in and instantly I was running back to the pack house. I ran with speed that I didn't even know I had. In minutes I was at the pack house and I growled. My growl filled the back garden to the pack house, he growl sounded menacing and deadly. The scent that I had smelled was rouges and a lot of them.

My pack had positioned themselves around the house in a circle formation, stopping the rouges from getting inside and harming the children.

I shot into the fight with anger fuelling me, I know that you shouldn't but I couldn't help it. These mutts where attacking my family and that didn't sit well with me. I quickly took down a rouge and moved onto the next, every time one went down more just kept on appearing.

This isn't just some random attack, my wolf said to me as we took down yet another rouge.

What are you trying to say? I asked.

I'm saying that maybe this is the beginning of the war that is to come.

Do you really think so? I wasn't liking this one bit, if what my wolf said is true then the war was coming quicker than we expected.

I don't know but I can sense it, it's not too far now.

I froze at what my wolf just said. The war was really coming faster than anyone expected and that meant that everyone one was in danger. Other packs, other supernatural beings, humans and my pack. I looked at all the rouges attacking my family. I have had enough!

I mustered up all of my power and anger in side of me. Anger for my old pack, anger for the way I was treated, anger for my weakness and finally the anger I felt towards these rouges. With an almighty roar I unleashed my flames. They hit their target every time. Rouges were going down and soon only my family remained standing.

I stood on my shaking paws and surveyed all the bodies littering the floor.

Someone is really going to have to clean up all of this mess. I thought before I collapsed from exhaustion.