Chapter 7

(Jen’s POV)

Jake and I were having so much fun! Lunches, Disney studio time, concerts, anything we could do together it was as if he was my bestie again! I hadn’t seen him in so long before now, because of Justin and I! It was just good to have him back.

I know, this is gonna sound SOOOO bad, but Jake, David, Miley, Emily, Mitchel, and I all decided to chill at Jake’s hotel in L.A. One night, about two weeks after Justin and I split, to watch movies. We had it all set up. Total Nerd Fest. Lord of the Rings Trilogy showing. Everyone but Jake and I decided to call it a night after the second one.

“Jen,” Miley said, “You want a lift home?!” I shook my head.

“Nah,” I said, “I’ll just crash on the couch.” She nodded her head. After everyone got there hugs and goodbyes in I plopped back down next to Jake on the couch.

“You don’t have to crash on the couch girl,” he said, “You can sleep in the bed, I’ll take the couch.” I smiled and as we sat on the couch, I got comfortable, letting myself snuggle up to him and his arm to go around my shoulder. I just sighed, feeling so comfortable with him. This was all an act tho, right? Or was I actually this comfortable with him?

It was a long night, but all I remember is falling asleep my head in his lap, only to wake to him carrying me to the bedroom. I groaned, snuggling to his chest, as he laughed. He laid me down and tucked me into bed and as he started to walk away I grinned, pulling his arm to stay.

“Just, stay with me?” I asked, under my covers. He didn’t say anything, just heard some shuffling about and him crawl in next to me. He went under the blankets and we were lying face to face, his shirt off, and his arm around my waist.

Wow, why was I nervous all of a sudden. Why was this so awkward, but not awkward? Does that make any sense? As he drifted asleep I smiled, brushing his curls out of his face, till my phone went off. I recognized Justin’s ring tone, but lying there, wrapped in Jake’s arms, I just smiled and turned my phone off. Then let myself drift away.

The next morning I woke to him gently shaking me. I opened my eyes to see him dressed and handing me my clothes.

“Hey sleepy head,” he said, “We gotta go! It’s almost 6 AM and I have a flight to catch at 10! I need to get you back to Joe’s!” I smiled, stretched and got in a bustle to head back to my brother’s. I got all my things together, back in my same clothes from the night before and we headed out the door. OMJ, cameras! SHIT! This could be bad.

We ignored the questions and as we got in his rental car I just blocked my face, realizing my purity ring was in my suitcase from my shower this morning! SHIT! This looked bad, very very bad. AS we pulled away Jake smiled, then frowned at my frightened expression.

“You okay?!” he asked, looking at the road.

“Yeah,”I said, “I just, well. You know I forgot to put my ring back on, AND I came out of a hotel with you! What are people gonna think.” He shrugged.

“Let em,” he said, “We know nothing happened. Just talk to your dad About it, he’ll explain everything. Papa J always knows how to cover an issue.” As we drove to Joe’s place, he comfortingly took my hand, squeezing it. I smiled, looking out the window.

AS we pulled into the driveway I seen Nick, Kevin, and Joe out playing basketball. I smiled, missing my brothers We parked and Jake walked my to the door.

“I had a great time,” he said, “I hope to hang out again when you come to L.A. or I visit Dallas.” I nodded, giving him a friendly hug.

“Thanks for everything lately, Jake,” I said, “Your such a great friend.” When we pulled away I stood there, him just looking at me. OH NO! I know that look, but before I could protest his lips hit mine in a soft kiss. Oh no, mm, wow, good kisser, wait NO! I pulled away, getnly pushing him.

“Jen, I-I’m sorry,” he said, “I don’t know what I was thinking!” I nodded and just silently turned around and walked into my house.