Babysitting

Chapter 2

After school, Luna walked to the Morgan's house. She walked up to the door and knocked on it. A few seconds later, Mrs. Morgan answered the door.

“Hello, Luna,” Mrs. Morgan greeted her. “I haven't seen you in a while. It's nice of you to babysit after so long.”

Luna smiled. “Thank you, it's nice to be back,” she told her. “I love babysitting Jane. It's better than babysitting Rory.”

“You babysit him?” Mrs. Morgan asked.

Luna shrugged. “Technically,” Luna answered.

“Well, I'm going to leave you with them,” Mrs. Morgan told her. “See you later tonight.”

Luna smiled and waved goodbye. Then a few minutes later, Mr. Morgan walked out and left in a separate car. Luna didn't question it, instead she walked inside. She stepped into the averaged sized house and walked upstairs.

She opened the door to Jane's room. Inside, there was Jane brushing one of her doll's hair. When Jane saw Luna, she put the doll down and ran over to Luna. She then gave her a huge hug.

“I missed you!” Jane exclaimed. “Why didn't you ever babysit?”

Luna shrugged. “I just couldn't,” she answered. “I'm sorry about it too. I wish that I could have seen you. But I couldn't.”

Jane smiled and made Luna sit down on the ground with her. “Let's play,” she told her.

“Alright, who can I be?” Luna asked.

Jane looked at her dolls. “I'm Debby Dazzle,” Jane said. “I'm always Debby Dazzle. You can be Ginny Glitter.”

Luna nodded as Jane gave her a doll with bright pink hair, so realistic. Luna examined the doll. She looked really unrealistic. Just everything about the doll. “Did this doll get plastic surgery?” Luna asked Jane.

Jane laughed. “Of course!” Jane exclaimed. “She's plastic! Duh!”

“I know, but she looks really unproportional,” Luna told her. “I bet she got her boobs from Gene Co.,” Luna muttered.

Jane looked at her. “What's Gene Co.?” Jane asked.

Luna's mouth dropped open. “You don't know what Gene Co. is?” Luna asked. Jane shook her head. “Well, Gene Co. is a company that can give you free organs. You do have to pay for the organs in a certain time though. If you don't...” Luna paused to lean in closer to Jane, “the Repo Man will get you.”

Jane sat back in fear. “Who's the Repo Man?” Jane asked.

“Nathan Wallace,” Luna answered.”

“Who's he?” Jane asked.

Luna sighed. “Ugh,” she said shaking her head. “How about we watch a movie?”

Jane nodded. “Okay,” she said excitedly. “What movie?”

“It's a surprise,” she told her. “Just go downstairs and I'll get it.”

Jane then got up and went downstairs and onto the couch. Luna got up to and was about to go fly out the window and go home really quickly to go get her movie, when someone stopped her.

Luna turned around and saw Ethan standing there. “Can I watch the movie too?” he asked her.

Luna rolled her eyes. “Fine,” she replied. “As long as you let me back in when I come back.”

Ethan nodded. And with a matter of seconds, Luna went to her house, found the movie, and raced back to Ethan's house. Ethan let her back in, and Luna went downstairs to go put the movie in the DVD player.

As the opening started, Ethan thought it was a superhero movie. Jane thought it was going to be weird and boring. In case you didn't notice, they are watching Repo! The Genetic Opera, one of Luna's favorite movies.

Throughout the entire movie: Luna was singing along a little bit, Ethan was hiding his face in the pillow at the scary parts, and Jane was pointing out all the naked people and bad words they were saying. What a pleasant movie for Luna to show an eight year old.

At the end of the movie, Luna turned to Jane. “Do you promise not to tell your mom you saw this?” Luna asked.

Jane nodded and crossed her heart. “I promise,” she assured her.

Luna smiled. “Good,” she said. She then looked at the clock and gasped. “Oh my, it's 30 minutes past your bedtime,” Luna told Jane.

Luna then took Jane upstairs and put her to bed. She then walked back downstairs and saw Ethan curled up into a ball with the pillow still covering his head.

“Are you alright?” she asked him.

Ethan shivered. “Is it over?” he asked.

“Yeah, it ended like ten minutes ago,” Luna informed him.

Ethan still didn't take the pillow off his head. Luna then took it off. “I even turned the lights on,” Luna told him.

Ethan looked at Luna. “She took her eyes out with her own nails,” he said. “Her own nails!”

Luna smiled and giggled a bit. “Wasn't it a great movie?” she asked him sitting down next to him.

He shook his head. “It was disturbing,” he told her.

“A little, but it was beautiful,” Luna said.

“In what world?” Ethan asked.

Luna smiled. “In my messed up world,” she answered him.

They then shared a long moment of just looking into each other's eyes. It was interrupted by a knock at the door. Luna stood up and opened the door. She then saw Mr. and Mrs. Morgan standing there.

“Hello,” Luna greeted them. “How was the auction?”

They then walked into the house ignoring Luna. They looked pretty mad. Luna then turned to them. “Well, good night,” she said.

“Good night, Luna!” Ethan called as Luna left the house.

Luna closed the door and walked down the street to get back home. Home where she can relax. Home where she can sleep. Home where she can forget about all her troubles. Home.