No

Chapter 3

“Can I go outside?” Luna asked her mother when she was trying to leave her house.

Mrs. Keaner shook her head. “No,” she answered. “You can't, your in trouble.”

Luna sighed and rolled her eyes. “Please?” she begged.

“No,” she replied. “Now go up to your room and stay up there.”

Luna rolled her eyes again and stomped her feet all the way up the stairs. She slammed the door and locked it behind her and flopped onto her bed. She looked at her ceiling and thought about Benny.

It's not fair, she thought. Rory couldn't have gotten hurt.

Luna then grabbed her phone and plugged some headphones in. She laid on her bed on her back.

She then started singing along. “In my life, there's been no one like him anywhere, anywhere where he is,” she sang along to In My Life.

If I asked, you'd be mine,” a voice finished the song.

Luna shot up in bed and looked around. She then hid behind her bed, the side farthest away from her bathroom. She peeked up on top of the bed and looked at the bathroom. Nothing was there.

Luna let a sigh of relief out. She then sat back on the floor and laughed a little bit. “I'm just crazy,” she muttered to herself.

“Are you so sure about that?” someone asked.

Luna then freaked out. She looked behind her and saw Jesse standing there. She tried to get up and walk away, but she couldn't. Instead, Jesse picked her up and brought her into the bathroom.

“Please no,” Luna pleaded. “I don't want to,” she told him.

Jesse didn't listen. He pushed her through the mirror and then climbed in after her. Luna landed on her side.

She looked up and saw the very familiar forest. She closed her eyes and fell back so she was laying down. “Can I please go?” she asked him.

Jesse helped her up. “On one condition,” he told her.

“What?” she asked.

He smiled slyly. He then got closer to her. He then whispered in her ear making her tingle, “Tell me you love me.”

Luna pushed him back. “No,” she told him. “Never.”

Jesse sighed. “Then I guess you won't be able to leave,” he told her.

Luna closed her eyes and tightened up. “Fine,” she agreed. “I... love.... you,” she said painfully.

“There,” Jesse said smiling. “Now was that so hard?”

Luna nodded. Jesse then came over to her and put his hands on her shoulders. “I have a proposition for you,” he told her.

“What?” Luna asked getting annoyed.

“I want you to break up with Benny,” he replied. “Okay?”

“No,” Luna answered. “I won't.”

Jesse then let go of her. “Okay then, his funeral.”

Luna looked at him. “What?” she asked concerned. “His funeral? Do you mean you're going to kill him if I don't?”

Jesse nodded. Luna then looked down. Jesse then smiled and opened the portal. “You're choice,” he told her. “And if you tell him why you're breaking up with him, I'll still kill him.”

Luna then shamefully walked through the portal and sat on her bed. She thought about her decision. She had the right one. She wasn't going to let Benny die, right? That would be awful.