The Girl

Chapter 8

Knock, knock.

Knock, knock.

“Ethan!” Jane called from the opposite side of the door. “Ethan! Wake up! Do you want me to come in there and wake you up?”

Ethan slowly opened his eyes and then quickly jumped up. He looked around and found some underwear to put on. He then slipped on a shirt. He looked at his bed and saw Luna fast asleep snuggled with the covers. He couldn't believe they actually fit in his bed.

Ethan then opened the door. “Yes, Jane?” he asked.

“Mom is coming home early from her trip,” Jane told him.

“How do you know?” Ethan asked.

Jane stepped aside and Mrs. Morgan appeared next to Jane. “Mom!” he screamed. “What are you doing back so early?”

“I didn't think Luna really wanted to stay here that long,” she answered him. She then looked around. “Where is Luna?”

Ethan looked in his room to see if she was there. All he could see was her bare back facing him. Ethan shrugged. “I think she went to go and get some doughnuts or something for breakfast,” Ethan answered.

“Okay,” Mrs. Morgan said. “Did you clean your room like I asked you?”

Ethan nodded slowly. He then looked in his room and saw a big mess. Mrs. Morgan raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure?” she asked.

Ethan shook his head. Mrs. Morgan then pushed him aside and walked into his room. Ethan then quickly went over to his bed and tried to over Luna up the best he could. Mrs. Morgan looked around. “Ethan, you have to clean up your room soon,” she told him.

Ethan nodded. “Okay,” he said. “Do you mind, I have to clean it up now.”

She nodded. “Alright, I'll go,” she said. She then left his room. As she was walking she spotted something pink. She bent down and picked up Luna's bra. “Ethan...”

Ethan gulped. “Yes?” he asked.

“Why is there a bra in your room?” she asked.

Ethan shrugged. “It's Benny's,” he answered.

“Benny where's bras? Really?” Mrs. Morgan asked sarcastically. “Ethan, how did you get this?”

“It's yours, right?” Ethan asked.

Mrs. Morgan shook her head. “No it's not,” she said. “Who's is this?”

“It's a girl from school's,” he responded.

“Which girl?” Mrs. Morgan asked.

“You wouldn't know her,” Ethan told her.

“Just tell me.”

Ethan sighed. “It's...”

“MOM!” Jane called from downstairs.

Mrs. Morgan rolled her eyes and went to go see what Jane wanted.

Luna sat up. “What in the world happened last night?” she asked. She then looked down and screamed.

“Shh!” Ethan hushed her.

Luna then quickly grabbed the sheets and covered herself up the best she could. “Where is my dress?” she asked quietly. “Where are my underwear?”

“Sorry, but my mom kind of stole your bra,” he apologized.

“What?” Luna asked. “Why am I naked?”

Ethan shrugged. Ethan then handed her her dress. As he did he touched her hand. He saw a little girl with orange flashing eyes and fangs. Ethan then went back to reality.

“What did you see?” Luna asked. “Was it about me?”

Ethan thought about his vision for a moment. He then shook his head. “No it wasn't,” he told her.

“Then who was it about?” Luna asked.

Ethan shrugged. “I'm not sure,”he answered.

“What was your vision exactly?” she asked.

“It was you and Benny getting married,” he lied.

Luna sat back. “Ooh, fun,” she said putting on her dress without a bra. She then got up and put her underpants on. She then sat back down next to Ethan and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “See you Monday,” she told him.

Ethan nodded still thinking about the vision. Luna then left his room and went home.