Busted

Chapter 6

After school, Luna walked into her house and went into the living room. Her mom was on the couch watching some TV. Luna then turned back around and went upstairs. She didn't have the best relationship with her mom.

Luna walked up the stairs. She walked passed Rory's room. She was bored, so she went in there. Luna walked in and saw that he was on his computer.

“Whatcha looking at?” Luna asked as she sat next to him.

Rory was lying on his stomach whilst looking at his computer. “Watching a movie,” he answered.

“What movie?” Luna asked.

“Dark Knight,” he replied pausing the movie. “Why are you so interested?”

Luna shrugged. “I just wanted to know what you were doing,” she said. “Can I not know what my brother is up to?”

“I guess you can,” he said getting back to his movie.

Luna rolled her eyes and left. She then walked to her room. She got herself all comfortable in her bed and placed her laptop on her lap. “Luna!” her mother called from downstairs. “Luna!”

“What?!” Luna yelled back.

“Can you come down please?”

Luna sighed and got up from her bed. She then made her way downstairs. “What?” she asked. “I was all nice and comfortable in my bed.”

“Sorry,” her mom apologized, “but it's important.”

“What is?” Luna asked.

“I just called the doctors office to get some information on the new virus that was going around,” her mother said. “And when I'd called, they thought that we had moved. I asked why, and they said that you nor your brother have been going to the doctors office.” Her mom put her hands on her hips. “I schedule appointments, why don't you go?”

Luna shrugged. “I don't know,” she answered. “I forget.”

“Well, I'm going to schedule an appointment,” she said. “And we are going together.”

“Together?” Luna asked. “I'm not a baby.”

“If you're not a baby, then why do you 'forget' your appointments?” she asked. “How long have you been forgetting? When was the last time you got a flu shot?”

Luna shrugged again. “When I was 13,” she answered.

Mrs. Keaner's mouth fell open. “Thirteen?! That was 4 years ago!” her mother yelled at her. “You're lucky you haven't gotten the flu, but who knows what other diseases you have.”

“Maybe I have the plague,” Luna said sarcastically.

“Luna Ashlyn Keaner,” her mother scolded, “this is no time for funny business. Tomorrow we are going to doctors and you are getting all your shots and other medications.”

Luna rolled her eyes and went back up to her room. “Whatever,” she said as she trudged up the stairs. She finally flopped on her bed. What am I going to do?, she thought.