Chapter 9

I walk into the studio with my sunglasses on and my hands in my pocket, feeling ready to start my day believe it or not.

I stop outside the room as soon as I hear Matty, singing 102, a song rarely sung by him unless he has something on his mind, whether that's a bad or good thing.

I walk in and sit down and he carries on singing. Matty and I don't get embarrassed in front of each other, no matter how personal the issue is.

"Haven't heard that in a while mate." I mutter when he finishes.

"Sometimes I need to sing it, it reminds me of how far I've come you know, how much happier I am now." He smiles and I return it- for once.

"It's all down to Maddy. She's done this for you man, she's been there for you. To think, at the start she was your rebound and now, you're in love with her, it's crazy." I sigh and Matty chuckles.

"I used to be like you, so in denial about the idea of love, even though I loved the girl before Maddy, I didn't tell her cause I never could. I was young, like you. I wouldn't change a thing, now I've got my girl, my life with her, my music, I fucking love her so fucking much. I'm happy, but you gotta understand, the only reason I nag at you is because I don't want you to make the same mistakes."

"I get that, I do and I'm proud of you and I like Maddy, and what she's like. I was fucking shocked when you told me you were in fucking love with her. So shocked. I'm not sleeping around Matty, I'm just having fun, I've only got one youth."

"George, you've done the sleeping around thing. I know you George, better than anyone. I know you like her, even if you aren't ready to admit it to yourself, to me, to the boys, to Mads, I know its true. You don't have to admit it yet, but please, don't fuck this up. Don't let her get away cause yeah, you'll get over it, but it'll hurt like fuck and you'll spend everyday waking up and thinking about what could've been."

"Nah Matty, come on. I know you said you care but maybe this whole issue would be better if you'd just drop it and if you think that's really how it is between us, just let us get to that point ourselves." I sigh.

"Alright mate but have you ever cared enough to put a girl to bed anymore? I don't think a girl has ever even properly stayed in your bed. You're doing it without even noticing." He chuckles and I sigh again, sick of this repetitive conversation.

5 minutes later Adam and Ross walk in their faces wide and their steps large.

"Oi oi! Georgie boy! What a lad over here! Heard from Caitlin that you got some! Well done!" Adam shouts and him, Ross and Matty start cracking up as I groan.

"Alright alright. Can we just get on with it?" I say grumpily.

"By the way Alicia, Caitlin, Maddy and your girlfriend George are coming down in a bit to hang."

Ross bursts out laughing and I flip him off. Fucking dickhead.

"Addy!" Caitlin yells as she runs towards Adam. They start to kiss and I gag inside.

"Oi wanker." Matty smirks at the sound of Maddy's loud voice and grips on to her waist, kissing her quickly and then just holding on to her.

"Hi." Ross puts his arm around Alicia and kisses her cheek like the bent prick he is and I roll my eyes.

"Hiya baby!" I squeal at Kenny. She smirks.

"Hi wanker." She says in a deliberately low voice.

We both burst out laughing but it backfires a bit as the others start cooing at us. Kenny looks just as done with the lot of them as I am.

"Kenny, are you sure you're okay? Did you trip and fall? Smack bang onto George's lips! Your neck is fucking awful!" Ross yells.

"Stop gassing Ross she literally has one mark and it's barely visible." I shut him down.

"Don't feel insecure Kenny, George had exactly the same accident." Adam pouts then they all start pissing themselves.

"Fuck this shit I'm out." Kenny throws her hands up and I follow after her, after she beckons me.

"OHHHHHH" Is all we can hear as we shuffle down the corridor together.

Its been 4 hours and Kenny and I are still laid on the roof of the studio. We heard the others leave ages ago but couldn't be bothered to say anything, so we're still here and are both lying in silence which is what we've been doing for the past hour.
We talked for a while about Matty and Maddy and our friendships with them, we spoke about our attitudes towards Alicia and Caitlin and Ross and Adam. We spoke about my band and her career and Daniel and Danielle and all her friends and our favourites and our fears and we've had an amazing chat and she's great once you give her a go.

"You're different to what I expected." She blurts out suddenly.

"What, why?" I sit up and face her, holding on to her legs.

"You're not as deep as your songs are, but you're still great you know?" She shrugs and I smile.

"You like shallow dickheads who call you the condom fail?" I smirk and she shakes her head and laughs.

"No. I like a group of people who make me laugh yet I can still talk to them about anything, that's what I like."

"We like you too." I smile and punch her shoulder.

"Fanks Georgie." She ruffles my hair and I push her off angrily as she cracks up.

"You fucking bitch. Come here." I pull her towards me and ruffle her hair up.

I know my next move is stupid and I know if anyone saw they would jump to conclusions but I can't seem to help myself when it comes to Kenny. Sometimes I just get this urge, this tendency to just need to kiss her. So this time I just do it, forgetting about the worries surrounding it. She kisses me back with just as much need, I can feel it in her touch. It's not like when we're drunk and we make out for a bit, she doesn't pull at the roots of my hair, no. Not in a situation like this. Instead she'll have her hand caressing my jaw slightly and my arms will be holding her close by her waist. When we pull away I sigh and lay back down, looking up to the sky.

"Why can't I stay away from you?" I groan and she shrugs and leans in again, taking control as she pins me down on the roof and we make out, once again.

What is this fucking bitch doing to me?