Chapter 18

I never realised how lonely I was until I met Kenny and then realised she actually goes back to her hometown sometimes. I wonder what I used to do before I met her and if it really did consist of me just third-wheeling Matty and Maddy. I've only known the girl for a couple of months and whether we're just friends or more, she's definitely spiced my life up a bit. 

Christmas was the same as usual for me- shit. Boring in all honesty. Call me the grinch but I have no time for these materialistic holidays causing my bank account to suffer every year. 

Tonight is worse than usual with M and M. Both of them have just got back from spending a few days away with their families and they are all over each other on the sofa beside me. Usually I'd drink enough beers to not notice but seeing them so close just makes me crave that myself. 

New year, new me I guess. 

"George is there something on your mind bro? You keep looking at us all weird." Matty smirks. 

I know he full well knows what's up. We've already had this conversation over a burn and a beer when he arrived home before Maddy got back. I told him that I had indeed missed Kenny but was trying not to let it get to me and as usual he just waffled on about how much he thinks I like her. 

I do miss her. I miss her annoying the fuck out of me twenty four seven, I miss kissing her, I miss laughing with her. All that gay shit that people miss when they care about someone I suppose. 

I haven't even begun to think about getting with another girl. I suppose it would never even cross my mind. Since I met her she's been my only source of pleasure. I suppose it will stay that way, maybe until I fuck her and get her out of my system but for some reason it doesn't feel that simple with her. It's not just the sexual side I crave, it's the conversation, the bond, the connection which makes it different from any other girl I've been with. 

"Nah, just trying to prevent myself being sick from the sight of you two." I scrunch my nose up and they both cackle with laughter at my classic line. 

"Oh yeah, is that it really George...we know what's really up." Maddy wiggles her eyebrows and I huff.

"Then why ask me?" I snap, looking back towards the TV with a frown on my face. 

 Both of them make sounds as they tease me and my face stays as slapped as an arse as I try to ignore them. Before I know it I've had enough and stood up, grabbing my wallet and keys and storming out before even saying goodbye. I'll be fine later but right now they're doing my nut in and hopefully if I leave them alone they'll fuck and get it out of their systems and I'll be able to live in peace. 

I call Ross who invites me over to his place where him and Adam live. The minute I walk in and see thing one and thing two I consider walking back out but this seems like the better scenario right now. 

We all play Fifa for a couple of hours and then the girls complain so we play Mario Kart instead but it's not the same as playing with Kenny. Apparently Ross and Alicia have a meal with her family so they leave after another hour or so and then I'm just left with Caitlin and Adam. Caitlin fucks off to do something or the other and Adam and I decide to spark up a zoot while waiting for our takeaway to come. 

Unlike Matty and I, Ross and Adam actually have a house that they live in together. They did offer myself and Matty to live with them but we'd already been living in our comfy two bedroom for a year and still had another year on our rent so we never did, so Adam and I sit in the garden of their house in the cold evening, smoking. 

"George I know we're all good now and everything but I do just wanna say I'm sorry for what happened with Kenny. I don't have any feelings for her, I like Caitlin, it's just because she's the only one I knew would properly vex Caitlin. If I'd of known or even considered how much you liked her I wouldn't have dared but I thought you were just mates." He says. 

"Nah it's all good man. I know what you mean, I kind of over reacted but it just pissed me off so much, even more than I realised it would. I didn't really know I had feelings for her either." I sigh.

"I thought Matty said-"

"Don't listen to Matty, Hann. Honestly he's driving me up the wall yapping on about it every other sentence. It's like he's forcing it on me so much, he's not letting me just realise things for myself you know. Of course I like the girl, I'm with her all the time. It's just I wasn't ready to admit that to myself."

"You know what Matty's like George mate, he just wants the best for you. We all do, really. It's been a long time coming for you to meet someone and it's clear that you like each other." He shrugs and I nod. 

"Yeah I know it's only because he cares really." 

"She's a great girl George. She really is. Caitlin loves the bones off of her and I do as well to be fair, she's a sweet one." Adam says.

"I know she is." I agree. 

Our conversation is interrupted when Caitlin runs out holding her phone with Kenny's face lighting up the screen, disturbing the peace of the darkness outside. 

"Kenny!" I smile as Caitlin hands me the phone and sits on Adam's lap signalling for him to pass the zoot. 

"Oh hey bitch how ya doing?" She slurs, clearly drunk which makes me smile. 

"Alright Britney. How's home? You missing it back here?" I ask unable to keep the smile off my face as I see her beaming back at me. 

I try to ignore the flutter in my stomach but fail miserably. 

"I'm missing you. Not sure about them gay ass couples we're friends with." She laughs and I can't help but join in.

"Matty and Maddy have just got back and it's driving me crazy." I roll my eyes and she huffs.

"George, say you miss me too." She demands and I smile. 

"Oh he's missed you." Caitlin says, snatching the phone off of me and turning it to face her and Adam.

"Yeah he's been whining about it like mad the past week. Kenny this, Kenny that, oh Kenny would find it funny blah blah I love Kenny. You guys can say you hate us as much as you like but you are just as bloody bad." Caitlin laughs and Adam joins in agreeing with her. 

"They're lying, never come back hoe." I shout and Caitlin turns the camera to face me again.

"You better be behaving George." She raises her eyebrows.

"Ditto." I mutter. 

"Oh I never behave." She winks and I feel that flutter again in my stomach before Caitlin goes running back inside again. 

"No feelings for her eh? Cut me some slack George you are smitten." Adam laughs.

I sigh but hold my hands up. I can't act like that with her and expect people not to assume things. Maybe I am smitten but if so, so what? That girl, she'll be the death of me. 

It's past twelve by the time I arrive home from Adams. Alicia and Ross came back a little bit after ten while Adam, Caitlin and I were in the middle of our Chinese food and then they all started to get couplely so I left, extremely drunk but somehow alive.

Matty and Maddy aren't awake when I get in but I sneak into their room anyway, sitting on the bed and shaking Matty slightly. 

"Let me sleep with you mate, I'm scared I'm gonna be sick and die." I slur and Matty laughs, moving to the side to let me get in next to him. 

That was a complete excuse, if anything I'm lonely and just want someone to cuddle but I would never tell him that even if he knows. 

"I miss Ken ya know." I mutter, half asleep and waffling complete shit I know I'm gonna regret tomorrow. 

"I know George mate." Matty chuckles and I hear Maddy start to shift about. 

"What's going on?" She sighs. 

"George is pissed, he's sleeping with us because he could be sick and he misses Kenny." Matty says.

"Oh yeah and we're the bent ones are we George?"

I don't hear another word before I dose off, dreaming of when I'm gonna see my Kenny again.