Chapter 49

The past few days have just been busy for us. The band has been getting so much love and it's weird not to be as low-key. After being a band for this long it seems a bit late to be getting so much attention.
At least from the attention we're receiving we can tell the album we worked hard on is actually achieving something.

"I love it so much Matty." Maddy cries to him as she listens to it. After all this time of trying and trying and the time in the studio and the arguments between all of us and the disagreements the album is finally finished, dusted, done and absolutely incredible.

Maddy takes Mattys face in her hands and kisses him hard, her tears running down to their lips and mixing in with their kiss. It's cute really, as much as it's always made me gag I love how happy they are, and how happy Maddy is for Matty just shows her level of love for him.

"It's amazing. You're amazing. You all are." Maddy gives each one of us a hug and stops at me for longer.

"I know Kenny would have loved it if she could've been here. She had to go and see her Dad, he's really upset that her Nanny died and so is she, her Nanny means the world to her you know. But trust me she'd be so proud George." She pats my shoulder sympathetically and then grabs hold of Matty again, as if her life would depend on it.

A couple of days ago while lied in bed with me, Matty and Maddy, Kennys phone rang loud and clear waking us all up from our peaceful slumber.
It had turned out that her Dads mother, her Nanny, had passed away and she had to go to home immediately to see her Dad.
I offered to go with her but even through her blubber and tears she told me no, this was for her and her family, she didn't want me there, "leave me alone George" is how she cried to me.
It's only been a few days but it feels like it's been a lifetime, I've tried to speak to her but she's not interested, she ignores my calls, she ignores my messages and my tweets telling her I miss her and love her, she ignored my instagram tag telling her to stay strong with a picture of us two from ages ago at the beach. She ignores it all.
For some reason things don't feel the same, something's up with her, I don't know what but I know it's not just about her Nanny. I have no idea what is going on but I'm terrified, she's my everything and it feels like she's slipping away.
Matty says it's going to be fine, Maddy says the same but there's even something in Maddy's eyes that tell me she's unsure, she doesn't know what's going on either and she's worried, I can tell.

I want to be happy, I want to be jumping for joy and crying with happiness like the other boys, like Maddy, like Caitlin, like Alicja. But I can't be, the skies are grey, it hasn't stopped raining, it feels miserable and it's not just me, it's everything.

"I can't believe how much the fans love it, it's all positive. They love it!" Ross excitedly exclaims as he clings on to Alicja. She smiles at him lovingly, snuggling into his lap further and rubbing his back.

"I am so proud of you boys, you deserve it." She says, her eyes glistening emotionally.

This is too much, everyone's crying and emotional and it's making me feel a bit sick, I've got to go and get some air before I fucking die.

"Excuse me." I excuse myself and run outside, throwing up all over the pavement at least five times before leaning back against the wall and collecting myself.

"George woah, are you okay?" Maddy runs out taking ahold of my face and analysing it before pulling me in for a tight hug.

Maddy and I exchange no words for all of 20 minutes, she holds me as I cry like a weak pathetic whipped bitch in her arms. No one comes out, no one says a word.

"George-" Maddy starts to speak but I interrupt her before she can carry on.

"Don't Maddy, don't say anything. You're going to lie to me and I don't have the strength to be lied to." My voice comes out weak and tired.

This relationship is draining me, it's killing me, is it worth it?

Fuck yes George of course;) it's worth it what are you on about get your fucking act together.

"She's just going through a hard time." Maddy attempts to soothe me once again but her lies just make it worse.

"She doesn't love me Maddy. I know she doesn't. I feel her slipping every time I look at her and she looks away, every time I touch her and she pulls away, she thinks I don't notice but I do, I notice and it hurts. Because she doesn't love me."

"George it's tough for her, she's young, her Nanny has just passed, she's sad, upset, she's barely spoken to me, it's not about you and her, that's not what she's questioning, it's herself."

"Maddy you love Matty, you'd push the earth around the sun for him because you care. Kenny doesn't feel the same, the secrets, the lies, the pain we've caused each other is unreal, she wouldn't do that for me. Fuck I feel like Bruno Mars in the grenade video."

"George please stop doubting her. Please stop this because this isn't you. You look like you've given up the will to try. Do you even love her?"

"Yes! I'm ill because of her, she makes me tired, she makes me sick, she makes me cry like a bitch, she does all this shit to me but still has me whipped like a fucking meringue. It makes me wonder if she's just my Katie you know? And if my Maddy is coming soon but it's just not Kenny."

"George... that's so deep. That's so deep. Are you sure you should be saying this? You might regret it when she comes back and you're fine."

"I'm only saying how I feel. I love her, I really do. But I don't think she feels the same. Sometimes ignorance is bliss is what she said to me when I asked her if she was hiding anything. Maddy I know she's your best friend, but please, please tell me is she hiding things from me? Is there something or some things I should know that I don't?"

Maddy stays quiet but that's my answer in itself. It hurts to be walked over, I feel like she taken my heart with her to her hometown.

"What Maddy? What is she hiding?" My eyes plead and my voice shakes.

"George I love you like a brother. But it's not my place to tell you. I think deep down you know. I'm so sorry." Maddy strokes my hair as she stands up and walks inside leaving me a broken mess on the pavement as my head spins with unanswered questions.