Chapter 40

"She what?" Matty gasps as Maddy laughs to the both of us, attempting to tell a story between her chuckles. 

"She told Charlie to fuck off in front of his mum, dad and ex girlfriend who he was pretending she was his girlfriend in front of. You should have seen the ex girlfriends face, she looked smug as fucking ever." Maddy continues to laugh and this time Matty joins in. 

I'm sorry but are they getting something I'm not. I thought Kenny and Charlie were actually a thing? Why would Kenny do that if they weren't?

"Wait so Kenny and Charlie weren't ever a thing? Why would she tell me they were?" I frown at Maddy and she rolls her eyes. 

"They were a thing but only because they were both trying to make their exs jealous but then Kenny told Charlie it was over on the day she was meeting his ex girlfriend at a family BBQ. Charlie basically made her come any way and so the whole time she just acted like he was proper weirding her out and when Charlie introduced her to his ex and remember Kenny never actually liked him so she was like fuck off we aren't dating you creep, picked up her bag and walked out. Funniest thing I've ever seen, honestly." 

"So he never liked her? And she never liked him? They were both just pretending? To get back at me and his ex girlfriend?" 

This is the part where I start laughing. It's funny but my mind is racing. The only reason she ever did it was to get back at me because I hurt her. But she's my girl and she's always known it and I'm going to fucking get her. 

I pick up my wallet, keys and phone and nod and Matty as Maddy continues laughing to him about something else. She doesn't notice I'm leaving but he gives me a quick salute and a wink.
After three months of pure confusion, anger and upset I'm gonna go get her back, it's what I should've bloody done in the first place. 

When I step outside the flat I notice Chris moving some boxes out. He's our neighbour and has been ever since we moved in. I didn't even realise he was moving out until now. 

"Hey man, I'll see you around huh? It was nice knowing you." I give him a smile and continue to walk until his voice stops me. 

"And you George. I hope everything works out for you and lads and I hope you and that girl work out." He winks at me and I give him a genuine smile. What a lad. 

When I finally arrive at Kenny's house I'm nervous as fuck, who knows what she's gonna do or say. 

Niamh answers the door, in a huge oversized tshirt and tracksuit bottoms, her hair messy and her face bare. I haven't seen her since she walked in on me and Kenny. How fucking awkward.

"Oh hey George, you okay?" She smiles but its a tired one, I can tell I woke her up, oops. 

"Yeah I'm cool...thanks. You?" I frown as she falls against the door, I catch her quickly. 

"Dandy as a peach pudding." She laughs and then falls again. She sounds drugged or drunk and completely out of it. 

"Woah, lets get you laid down." I guide her inside to her bed and lay her down. A bottle of Jack Daniels, half empty is laid next to her along with a sachet of some sort of drug. I don't even check the label. 

I did not vote Niamh as this type of person. 

"Are you okay?" I ask her, sitting beside her on her bed. 

"No. I didn't think it would bother him George. He seems so chill about stuff like that. If he'd of told me I wouldn't have done it but I did and now hes gone." Shit, she's got boy trouble. What do I do? 

"Er, well, if he loves you, he'll forgive you, that's how love works. Loads of problems occur but its worth it, for someone special enough." Okay George, since when were you Gandhi mate, calm down. 

"Is that what's happening with you and Kenny? Because sometimes she cries to me about how much she loves you, but she thinks its over for good. She says you've changed. And that she doesnt think you love her anymore." Niamh chuckles as she reaches for the half full bottle of Jack Daniels. 

"Woah, I don't think so. Why don't you try and rest okay? Everything will be fine." I smile at her as I lift the covers up under her chin. Her eyes clothes and her breath slows as I go and sit on Kenny's bed. 

She doesnt think I love her anymore? Is she fucking crazy?

"George, what the fuck?" Kenny whisper shouts at me. When I open my eyes she's stood over me, her arms crossed and her face etched into a frown. 

She doesn't fool me. 

I must've fallen asleep after over thinking for the two hours I waited. The windows are dark signalling its late. 

"Kenny...hi, I'm sorry, I fell asleep." I stand up and once again tower over her. 

"I saw." She smirks, showing her amusement and walks over to Niamh whose still peacefully sleeping on the other sofa.
"What happened?" I whisper, nodding over to her. 

"Luke broke up with her, she went camping and stayed in a tent for three nights with this boy called Rowan who she has a mild history with. Of course Luke is too sweet to object to anything but she just said a boy, he didn't find out it was Rowan until she came back. He was fuming and considering he's Luke that's so surprising. Told her he couldn't do it, walked out and has been ignoring her all week. Bare in mind they've been together six years and barely argued. She's so cut up, bless her. She must've stolen some of my drink and drugs the fucking bitch." 

Kenny strokes Niamhs face and then turns back around to face me as I sit on her bed.

"So why are you here?" She asks, leaning against her table. 

"I...Kenny I know about your and Charlie's plan. I know it was just to make me jealous because you were... I don't know, scared to lose me or something. But Kenny, I want you back. I've wanted you back since the moment you walked out of our flat that day. I'd do anything to take back the last three months and erase everything that's happened. We've fought before but we've never broken up and I need you back because I've never cared for or loved anyone as much as I fucking love you and need you. Please, please Kenny, please give me another chance, because everything I am right now is because of you." 

"But we fought so much. And when you went on tour we barely spoke George, that's not normal. Things were getting weird between us I'm not-"

"Kenny, we've had a tough journey but we both know how we feel. If you honestly don't love me then end it, I'll understand. But if you feel like you do then fuck it because it's not worth losing someone you love Kenny."

I can't even read her expression as tears stream down her face and she stares at me. 

I know that I'm crying too, I know she can tell that I'm sorry, that I fucked up but its over and it will never happen again. 

She doesn't say anything as she walks over to me and sits down gently beside me. She holds out her hand and I take it quickly, laying our intertwined hands on my thigh and staring ahead. The same as she is. 

"Okay." 

"Okay?"

"Okay George. I'll get back with you."