Chapter 19: Death of Me

*Macey's POV* 

I didn't sleep.

Okay, so maybe I did get some sleep, but it wasn't much. That seems far-fetched at the moment, but there are two reasons as to why I had only gotten about five hours of sleep.

1) My night with Adrian and the stupid butterflies having a raging party in my stomach.

2) My dear older sister.

My parents shortly left after the false scare that we gave them late into the night. I was lucky enough to get out of their interrogation since they had no clue about my night with Adrian, but that didn't mean I was free from Emma's continuous I-Told-You-So's. My parents headed off to bed, and Emma hauled me off to her room. Her suspicions about Adrian's feelings were as suspected, and she felt quite satisfied with that. The juicy details were a must, though, and Emma planned on getting all of it that very night.

Of course, I refused to tell her at first. That was until my gossip-starved sister tackled me roughly onto her bed and pinned me there with her knees on my arms, not letting me free until I spilled the details.

And spill I did.

I told her about the moment we had before we entered the boardwalk and about watching the couple outside the diner; about Cupid's Booth and the rose Adrian won for me (which is sitting in a slim vase on my bed side table). By the time I finished telling her about what happened on the Ferris wheel, Emma was practically jumping for joy. On my body, may I add. 

Yeah, she was serious about not letting me go until I told her everything.

I went to bed with my stomach still churning and a smile that could not fade no matter how hard I tried to put it down. With a skip in my step, I went over to my closet to change into a new pair of pajamas before leaping not so gracefully into my warm bed. I wrapped the duvet tightly around my body and shoved my head into a pile of pillows, still grinning like a psycho.

My night at the boardwalk was on repeat. Every memory played through my mind as if I was reliving the whole thing over and over again. You think after a tiring day at school, an afternoon shopping with my sister, and having a very eventful day at the boardwalk rekindle my feelings for my old best friend, that I would be dead beat by now.

But I wasn't. Those hours were filled of me simply staring into darkness thinking about my day until exhaustion finally caught up, taking me into a deep, peaceful slumber that I desperately hoped to keep for more than just an average nap.

My phone, however, had different plans. My ring tone belted out of the small speaker, jolting me awake with an early morning heart attack. It turned out I forgot to close my curtains before going to bed since it was wide open. No sunshine came through the glass as grey clouds greeted my vision.

My eyes snapped over to my phone, and I glowered at it. Snatching it from my bedside table, I fell back into my mountain of pillows and pulled my duvet up to my chin. The morning air nipped at my skin.

"Hello?" I muttered, sleep lacing my voice.

"Anything interesting happen with you and Adrian?"

The familiar voice caused my eyes to open immediately, widening to the size of a doe. "Umm.. Excuse me?" I said hesitantly.

Brynn scoffed over the phone, her obvious eye roll being heard from this side of the phone. Then I heard another feminine voice yell out a "Put her on speaker!"

"Ow! Dylan, why'd you hit me?" Amber's voice complained through the line. 

Dylan's voice came equally as loud, notifying me that I was on speaker. "Because it's too early for you to be yelling, and we're right next to you," She explained calmly.