Chapter 24: Once Upon A Stormy Night

Okay, so not an "undiscovered gem" recommendation this time, per say, but this author deserves much more than she currently has. Much more. Check out "You've Fallen for Me" by roastedpiglet. She's such a sweet author, and the story is so funny and amazing (: I highly suggest you read this story. Highly. Higher than highly, really.

Thank you so much for 20,000 reads, you guys <3 Seriously, you're rocking my fuzzy socks right now. My actual fuzzy socks that I'm literally wearing as I type this. Anyways, ignore weird mistakes and typos, 

* * *

In hindsight, walking home in the pouring rain was probably the worst ideas I’ve ever had through anger and disappointment. Drop after drop pounded down on me without stop, rolling down my skin and seeping through the fabric of my dress and bra and underwear. Not the greatest feeling. You know, feeling like you’re taking a swim fully clothed and standing up?

I was fully convinced that, any moment now, I was going to slip and crack my head open with the aching heels that were becoming harder and harder to walk in through the multiple puddles flooding the cracks and dents in the ground. Let the blood run through the stream of water rushing down the side of the sidewalk and wash it down to the drains. If I don’t die out here because of the dangers of nature or the oncoming flu that I was going to leave me close to heavens door for days – exaggeratedly speaking, of course – then I was surely going to collapse from fatigue and utter depression.

My tears that were disguised as just another drop of rain sliding down my cheeks had stopped, but the ache and betrayal was still fresh in my heart. It was not at all smart of me to walk willingly out into the cold, rainy evening where shadows lurking around a corner could jump me at any time. Not to mention I have no coat, no umbrella, and no transportation except the two body parts that were designed to allow me my own sort of way of moving from one place to another. I don’t think using my legs – that currently have aching heels attached to their friends down below – as a way to bring me several miles back to my home was wise, either.

I mean, it was raining. Since when do I get this stupid to step out and disregard all common sense for my safety by walking out in this weather and into the night? I could have waited at the banquet and break the girls’ phones with my many calls and texts, or I could have gone in and asked for a ride.

But both those options, though I hate to admit it, were blatantly ignored because I wanted to save myself from the embarrassment of being ditched by a boy who so strongly suggested that he cares about me, and savor my pride and dignity.

And now that I’m shivering in wet cold clothes down to my core, I realize how ridiculous I really am. Ridiculous for trusting Adrian and going to this banquet, and ridiculous for having a guy make me act out of painful emotions rather than conscious. You think you know better until something makes you forgot all of that. Adrian lead me on to believe that he wasn’t that guy who let stardom get to his head and change whom he really is. He made me think that we could have get past our crushes and be something more.

Well I got news for him. Leaving me at a banquet that I highly refused to attend in the first place and driving off to hook up with the next big star of an upcoming movie contradicts all of that. I felt like an idiot sitting there and twiddling my thumbs while he talked it up with all those people, not even objecting to Cara’s words or giving me any more meaning to him. He didn’t need to add to the blow by abandoning me.